Who Has Personal Plates??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has Personal Plates??

Just got mine today for the '71 GMC..... Anyone else have personal plates for their cars?

The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Cool .. a specialty plate and personalized !

Comment

Truck wears NC "LANDSPED" (they only allow 8 spaces, digits or letters). I thought about "L&SPEED" but I didn't think folks would get it. ME's van wears "GREENVAN" though I'd have preferred "VANNA" which is what we usually call the ol' girl. Hey, it's her van so she gets to pick the plate.

Dan

Comment

Bullet wears : BURKEN
        ZR2 wears: USA1ZR2
        Silverado wears: BB61BT2 (battleship Iowa / Boiler technician 2md class)
        still thinking on the Avalanche and the 32 Chevy coupe
        AMeanXtreme's S10 Xtreme wears: BXTREME
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I've pondered getting a personal plate, but can't come up with what it would be. Plus they cost extra money. I think the term is "vanity" plate to begin with.

The closest idea I came with for one was, "HITHERE," but I didn't see much reason to do it. 2 FAST was already taken.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

never got one.
            I did look around...still do.

just getting a veterans plate, random assigned by the state, is plenty of "vanity" for me. (it is no vanity at all).

I don't know what yours means.
            GN DRM
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Green Dream, I think.

Our El Camino has 396 4KIX, fun to pick out and get, back when. Camaro is 1NARLY Z, from the previous owner.

Comment

Since the '85 Toyota and both Mercurys have their original issue blue plates the only car I would get a personalized plat for would be the Crown Vic but I don't think DMV would go for "YOU ALL DRIVE LIKE MORONS", too many letters.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I had a couple.

White mustang has ALXSPONY, the old black GT had ALXS GT. The jeep I am between JRASCPRK and PRK SRVC,
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

Waste of money. Plus Kansas tags are ugly. I just have an old orange one from the swap meet I paid two dollars for. Date has to match year of car. Had to show MO cop registration once. A while back I saw one on a truck that was worth less than the tag cost. Trash=treasure. Do your own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      They cost extra money. I think the term is "vanity" plate to begin with.
                      That's just what the tight-wads who don't wanna pay for the privilege call them.

Comment

CSTMWGN - wagon
                        TEAM2HI - truck
                        GAPIV - formula 400

Comment

The new Kansas vanity plates are the wrong color.......the old ones were perfect for the Corvette.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                            Green Dream, I think.
                            Very good Loren, that is what it means....

GRNDRM was taken and they only give you 6 letter/spaces...
                            Last edited by BigAL; March 26, 2017, 05:11 PM.
                            The Green Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

That's just what the tight-wads who don't wanna pay for the privilege call them.
                              Here it costs $25 extra for the plate and a portion of that money goes to preserve Historic Route 66 and then you pay another extra $25 to get it personalized. But when the tags are only like $25 to begin with, it's not really that big of a deal.
                              The Green Machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X