Sue Unit is Now Afraid of Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue Unit is Now Afraid of Red

She IS. She said so. Since he got his blower on. She's afraid of him. He's entirely TOO fast. She's afraid I'll kill both of us in him.

BS background support needed. This is not a crisis, just a plea for BS noise. We're going to race tracks. Red's a new animal.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

You want noise? Head north a bit. Plenty of places for Red to scream out in a controlled environment. NCM is calling your name, man...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I hear you Peewee, what you have is night and day from where you were. I've driven some fairly potent car's in my life but even I was plum giddy when I first drove the 11 SS. With the CIA and exhaust upgrade it's close to what Red is putting out ( although Red's a little more ). I had to explain to Robert that this car can hurt you, of course good ole Robert can't tell a lie! He's already been testing it out. Once you get where you can open him up several times you'll be fine and Sue will too!
      It's like a snake! Don't be scared of it just respect what it can do!!
      Last edited by corvettedad; March 17, 2017, 09:18 PM.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Don't go beyond your ability, she will have no reason to be scared!

Comment

When it scares you, that's when it starts getting fun.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Know yours and the cars limits!!!

Comment

You know there is a little pedal on the right that the user controls the power to the wheels..
              If she is driving this should not be an issue,, unless it's a selfcontrol issue and the need to mat the pedal..
              Or is it..
              YOU driving scaring her.. not the car..

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                You know there is a little pedal on the right that the user controls the power to the wheels..
                If she is driving this should not be an issue,, unless it's a selfcontrol issue and the need to mat the pedal..
                Or is it..
                YOU driving scaring her.. not the car..
                The car was better than the driver before we ever put the blower on it. I'll say that. I let an instructor drive Red at Road Atlanta, he showed me that. In spades.

Comment

Pdub... It's more driver than car... it will take time for the driver and co-driver to get used to the increased horse power...It's like Irish whiskey or Shine...All in MODERATION!!
                  Sue Unit...Guidance and Trust are what the Dub needs from you...You have done well by letting him know your feelings on this before it gets out of hand...
                  Last edited by silver_bullet; March 18, 2017, 04:44 AM.
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

She's worried. Rightfully so. Yeah, this thing is fast. Or fast to us, at least. New to us, at least. All from a big ass box of parts that I cussed at for 2 months. With no instructions to amount to anything.

Yeah, Red would now rather spin the tires than go forward. That's fun, but something to get used to.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      She's worried. Rightfully so. Yeah, this thing is fast. Or fast to us, at least. New to us, at least. All from a big ass box of parts that I cussed at for 2 months. With no instructions to amount to anything.

Yeah, Red would now rather spin the tires than go forward. That's fun, but something to get used to.
                      Sounds like you need a few more boxes of parts to install to fix that.. and make it take off like a rocket and not spin the tires..

Step #1 was the I love unit
                      Step #2 make it scary
                      Step #3 we need to buy boxes of parts to make it hook..

You sure you were not a used cars sales man in a past life

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

Step #1 was the I love unit
                        Step #2 make it scary
                        Step #3 we need to buy boxes of parts to make it hook..
                        Let's take this apart:

Step 1: Absolutely
                        Step 2: Yes we did
                        Step 3: I don't think so.

We're not drag racing. We have to make the next curve at 70 mph after we left the last one at 50 mph, with a whole lot of speed in between. It's the driver, not the car, no matter what the car is able to do. It's the driver.

Comment

...Just listen to your crew chief P-Dub!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                            ...Just listen to your crew chief P-Dub!
                            We'll take Red for a romp on Sunday, at Unit's request for her to get more comfortable with him. But I swear and declare, you CAN NOT and I WILL NOT rehearse road racing on the street.

Comment

Let me help - you know that the new Corvettes have more hp, less weight and far better electronic nannies then those crowd-killing Mustangs.

You're welcome.
                              ~your local ambulance chaser
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X