• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Nope! Peewee has the real deal!!
    Most do..
    Some it takes them a few tries ..

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      I, too, hit a home run in the wife department though it took 3 tries. Mark, I'm sorry you haven't had the opportunity to meet The One - it's the best.

Dan
      Oh, I have the best wife ever... She has had to deal with 7 years of my bad health and all the stress that goes with it.. A lesser woman would've jumped ship.
      St Patty's day it'll be 11 years.. So, she has had more hard times than worry free .. Wish it wasn't that way.. She deserves better..
      But.. it is more of a story. if it was to butter pdub's wife up for a new box of parts..
      I don't get the name Sue "UNIT" .. but I guess it's an inside joke for them..
      Last edited by Mark; March 16, 2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

I don't get the name Sue "UNIT" .. but I guess it's an inside joke for them..
        Mark, the "Unit" tag goes all the way back to olden days of Saturday Night Live, back to the days of Jane Curtain and Belushi and Chevy Chase and Gilda Radner and all of the original cast. They had the Cone Heads skits. Back when I was young and crazy enough to stay up that late at night and actually watch it, it was the going thing. we'd have Saturday night apartment parties, watching Saturday Night live.

They did a skit where they said, "She is a good wife unit."

I like to nickname folks if possible. It must be a Southern thing. Sue and I were communicating, hadn't even met yet in person and I called her Sue Unit.

She said, "Hmmmmmm." Long pause. She said, "I LIKE that."

That's where that came from.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Mark, the "Unit" tag goes all the way back to olden days of Saturday Night Live, back to the days of Jane Curtain and Belushi and Chevy Chase and Gilda Radner and all of the original cast. They had the Cone Heads skits. Back when I was young and crazy enough to stay up that late at night and actually watch it, it was the going thing. we'd have Saturday night apartment parties, watching Saturday Night live.

They did a skit where they said, "She is a good wife unit."

I like to nickname folks if possible. It must be a Southern thing. Sue and I were communicating, hadn't even met yet in person and I called her Sue Unit.

She said, "Hmmmmmm." Long pause. She said, "I LIKE that."

That's where that came from.
          I guess we're telling our age, used to like watching the REAL SNL. Coneheads !! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! But I already new it.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

My Favorite... watched it in B&W on an 11" set... Click image for larger version

Name:	73790dbe7013c5ce2d4552bb268485e3.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	1150147
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
              My Favorite... watched it in B&W on an 11" set... [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1150147[/ATTACH]
              And also Cheeburger Pepsi, but can't forget SNL weekend news point counterpoint with Dan Aykroyd Jane Curtian " Jane you ignorant slut " , I'm sorry ladies but it was a hilarious skit.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

...Damn...Back in those days, if you said politically correct, those were mutually exclusive terms!
                Last edited by silver_bullet; March 17, 2017, 11:02 AM.
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                X