Why I Love Sue Unit So Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Love Sue Unit So Much

So much more that just a "supporting" wife. She puts up me and all that I do, she even said I could get a blower for Red and then she ended up putting it on the car for me when I got all mad at it. The whole thing took weeks and months.

This is a blatant re-post, but I can't help it. It's why we "do" it. This is Sue's first ride in Red on a race track. It's so slow, compared to what Red is capable of now, and the highlight is the very first lap out of the pits, basically warming the tires up. SLOWER than slow. But Unit's laughing and crying tears having so much fun. It's hard to tell from the sound track, that first "pace" lap seemed to be the thrill of her life up to that point, she was having so much fun.

At 2:30 in the video you can almost hear it, her laughing herself silly, enjoying the ride so much. Just fast forward straight to that point, that's all there is to the video. Dang it's slow, but she didn't know it. The greatest thing is she was having so much fun. And she still loves the AMP track the most, getting slung around in the car, hills and curves. She even went for a ride with an instructor at Daytona at 160 mph and got out of the car saying she liked AMP better. "What did ya think , Honey?" "AMP'S more fun." DAYum.

Just forward to 2:30, that's what it's all about. That right there. No need to watch much more. I love that woman.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

This is, by definition, why our BS wives are specifically known as our "Better Halves"! They have the sense to let us have our toys and dreams, and know exactly how and when to reel us in to reality! All while immensely enjoying the ride!

P.S. as a side note, one has to remember, It's not the destination that counts... It's the experiences during the journey!
    Last edited by silver_bullet; March 14, 2017, 06:11 PM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

glad she had fun.
      my last girlfriend seemed to have to mimic my approach to cars, my little sister did the same.

Stay with the real ladies fellas, you will be better off.

..and that red sounds great.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Bobby was a toddler, I had a Land Cruiser I went wheeling in often.. Thanks giving rolls around, my drivewy is flooded to the tops of the fence posts..
        Load up Pam and Bobby in their "finery" while I wore rubber boots and rain gear.. Drove around th barn in 3 foot deep clay nd up he hills on. Foot deep rutty road that left center section skidmarks.. Pam grimanced and beared (bore?) it.. Slippin and sliding out the other gate. Dad watched it all from the highway.. Pam rode with me lots places sane folks would not go including over a log deck.. Pretty sweet gal!
        Once I was test riding a Venture Royale, dipped nd fingerspelled something.. Looked down, no hnd around my belly in response.. Dip again, no response.. What? Readjusted my mirror, Pam was fast asleep!

Comment

Oh, no. Someones try'n to get out of the dog house..
          OR
          priming up for when that box-o-parts gets dropped on the door step..

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            OR
            Negative.
            AND
            Negative.

I don't want to SEE another box-o-parts until I don't even know when.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              OR
              Nope! Peewee has the real deal!!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Nope! Peewee has the real deal!!
                For sure!

Mark's merely jealous....

Comment

there are a few of us that have the real deal! P-DUB is not alone!!!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    That IS the TRUTH!

Comment

I will third that.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        My apologies!! I've met most of you and yes y'all " ALL " are truly blessed! Ain't it great!!!
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Perry and I or on the outside looking in these days, of no fault of our own. But you guys are blessed and need to tell that special one how special she is.....often!
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Big Dave, You and Perry have all of our respect and friendship as well! Cant't wait till our next reunion!
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I, too, hit a home run in the wife department though it took 3 tries. Mark, I'm sorry you haven't had the opportunity to meet The One - it's the best.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X