Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School days, school days, Dear old golden rule days.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School days, school days, Dear old golden rule days.....

Ol Joe is now a honest to goodness full time college student. 4 classes per semester/2 classes per term. Per the terms of the GI Bill half of my classes are required to be honest to goodness classes and the others can be online. I start on the 16th. A natural science and into to psychology.

This school gave me quite a bit of credit for my military training and also accepted all of my credits from other schools I attended over the years.

Got my work cut out for me...we'll see how it goes....If you hear a lot of screaming, shouthing, crying and cussing coming from a south westerly direcition...that'll be me.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

You going to pledge a fraternity?
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
      You going to pledge a fraternity?

Yeah, probably not. I'd have to teach them all how to drink...thats too much work.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Well played my friend! That was awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Laughing-Meme-01.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1148670
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          Ol Joe is now a honest to goodness full time college student.
          Cool, I think this thread should follow your progress over the next couple of years, sort of like a project thread. You tell us what's wrong, we tell you how to fix it and support you .. win-win !

Comment

I don't learn well in a classroom setting and math was my downfall so I'm really happy I'm past that point in my life. But I realize that that piece of paper opens doors that are otherwise closed (I've looked at a lot of closed doors over the years) so it makes sense that you would do this thing.

Best of luck and please keep us in the loop!

Dan

Comment

Good luck, have fun! The last real schooling I got was taking some evening welding classes at the local community college
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I just can't wait to experience the shouthing. Is that something to watch for, listen for, or some other form of perception?
                Last edited by STINEY; March 6, 2017, 07:15 PM.
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

great for you joe.. and the GI bill going to use.

I passed through orono maine today, a frat I used to frequent in the mid 90s is gone, now a parking lot.
                  Being the death zone miitary tour I was .. seeing the nothing of a serious pledge and the fun and laughter in my memory to an empty space did not help.
                  the college realm of 18-23 years old is a great memory for most.

Seeing what a formal education does even if you're challenged is always inspiring. Can never be taken away, unlike a doctors license.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 6, 2017, 07:28 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Study hard!

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1148726
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I watched a movie on cable the other day called "Old School", which reminds me of Joe's new life !

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        I watched a movie on cable the other day called "Old School", which reminds me of Joe's new life !

Comment

Just waiting on the post where Joe explains why, after some experience with college kids, he will have to change to a different school...and why he has to attend anger management sessions.

Think "Billy Madison", but with a temper issue.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                            Just waiting on the post where Joe explains why, after some experience with college kids, he will have to change to a different school...and why he has to attend anger management sessions.

Think "Billy Madison", but with a temper issue.
                            Oh, we need a reality TV spot for this!

Name:	1483917142248.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1149121

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Part of me would LOVE to be in a current college classroom, just to experience what the exposure actually is.

Another part of me dreads the mere idea of that exposure.

This should be interesting.
                              Last edited by STINEY; March 9, 2017, 07:09 PM.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X