Vendor Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor Issue

I'm pretty sure we've discussed this before, but it's worth a re-visit on this day. I've bought so many car parts online and had them delivered, it's just too easy. All the vendors, JEGS, american Muscle, CJ Pony Parts, Late Model Restoration, I can't name them all. There are more I'm sure.

They all do business differently. Some of them charge your card you when you place the order. Some of them wait until the parts are delivered to your doorstep and then charge your card. Some of them acknowledge your order on email as soon as it is placed, some of them never do. Like, what the?....did I really place that order, I'm getting senile, no fuzzy feeling that I actually did that.

Red's wheels. Remember Red's wheels? I've got a full set of tires I want to put on rims to run on the street. One tire has been run flat a Road Atlanta for a few miles, two have been patched, one has been plugged after a piece of road debris went through it. All decent tires for cruising on the street. But not at all what you want to stress to the max on a race track. I want some wheels to put those tires on so I'm not running my race tires on the street.

The wheels. Remember those wheels? I ordered them in October I think, and they never came. I would contact the vendor and they would say another month. Again. And again. Most recently, they would say another week, like it's coming down to it.

Today I rednecked them, am I ever going to get those wheels? The answer is no. They are on permanent back order, no idea of when they will be available.

So why lie to me and say it's going to be another week? Don't lie to me just to get me off of the phone. Don't DO that. Doing that makes me lose all respect for you and your company. If you do that to me, there's no telling what all else you do to other folks.

I ordered some more wheels for Red today from another vendor, they'll be here Wednesday. Not my first choice at all, I ain't crazy about them, but we have to have something that will fit the car, clear the calipers. I believe they will, they'll work on a Shelby GT500 with big brakes. I believe they'll work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reds Wheels.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1148245
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Not a bad looking rim... But....I'm old fashioned.. Like the older styles, of course having an older car sways that opinion..

Everybody's different.. One derby parts guy derbys also and builds parts during the off season.. Good luck getting parts off him during the season..
    Most, on the whole are pretty good.. Some are total flakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      But....I'm old fashioned.. Like the older styles
      Me too. It's a "settle for it" thing. It's amazing how hard it is to find an 18x10 wheel with enough offset to clear the calipers. Like a specialty item. A rarity. Unobtanium. And then those guys kept lying. Don't advertise something you can't even sell and then keep lying about it. And then lie about it some more. Over and over. It's just a lie, they don't even have it. I know who NOT to deal with anymore. Just sayin.

Comment

I HATE LIAR'S OF ANY KIND!!
        I'm a big boy just tell me the truth!
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
          I HATE LIAR'S OF ANY KIND!!
          I'm a big boy just tell me the truth!
          Problem here is the place he ordered from doesn't make the rim and is at the mercy of the company producing the part, that is telling their venders it's coming, it's coming, and they just pass the same thing to the customers with a back order..
          It most likely was backordered for a design flaw.. many of these thin spoked wheels have them..
          Being that those are a bbs copy, they might have been ordered to stop..
          pdub pony up and just buy the real bbs wheels.

Comment

Ok, I will bite. What are you talking about Mark? We have searched long and hard for wheels, and there aren't many to choose from. What are "real bbs wheels"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

Well, the real issue is I don't want to pay for Shelby wheels, which I probably should have done to start with. Pay once, be done with it I reckon.

We've got the SVE wheels that FastEd recommended, but they only came in black. Sue Unit divorced the car with those black wheels. She declared she wouldn't even sit in the car anymore, didn't want to be seen in it. That won't do. And I hated them too. Black holes where the wheels should be. So I had them sandblasted and powder coated silver here locally, and that bill was just about like buying the wheels again. Mistake on the original purchase. Not in function, but in looks.

And I'm not at all about looks. Not at all. But if something is so ugly I can't stand to look at it, well, that's rare. A few times in a lifetime. Just sayin, the right wheels for the car are hard to find in our case, and I don't like the ones we (RE)ordered, and they will be another bitch to wash, but they will have to do because they fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

Problem here is the place he ordered from doesn't make the rim and is at the mercy of the company producing the part, that is telling their venders it's coming, it's coming, and they just pass the same thing to the customers with a back order..
                It most likely was backordered for a design flaw.. many of these thin spoked wheels have them..
                Being that those are a bbs copy, they might have been ordered to stop..
                I actually wasn't referring to venders,
                But in this instance I think they had a clue, when in the business I used to order all the specialty parts especially wheels. I knew when the warehouse or manufacturer was blowing wind up my skirt.
                Oh crap did I just help hijack your thread Peewee! A thousand apologies!!
                Last edited by corvettedad; March 4, 2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

By now I don't even know what we were talking about. I think it was wheels. And lying. Somebody lying about wheels. Horse thieves in the Old West got shot and hanged and killed for stealing and lying. {political content deleted}

Comment

Just a note on wheels, had a set of Cragar polished aluminum Mag's on my old 75 Chevy truck. It's a long painful story but they're gone and nobody makes in a 10 inch wide wheel anymore.
                    There is a company I just noticed making a 9 that might have to do for the trucks revival. It survived Robert so it's earned a spot back on the the road.

Comment

PeeWee , The guy I was riding with has the one wheel and tire off the GT 500 that we took up a tree and has recently talked about trying to sell it . Then you could just buy three more . Sell the new ones you don't like after they served there immediate service .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                        Ok, I will bite. What are "real bbs wheels"?
                        BBS of America is the sole distributor of BBS products for the United States and Canada. The headquarters is located in Braselton Georgia, adjacent to the famous Road Atlanta race track.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                            Ok, I will bite. What are you talking about Mark? We have searched long and hard for wheels, and there aren't many to choose from. What are "real bbs wheels"?
                            That design wheel is a copy of the BBS wheels that have been in service for 30+ years .. and still made in any lug pattern and offset/backspace width you could ever want or need..

Comment

I actually wasn't referring to venders,
                              But in this instance I think they had a clue, when in the business I used to order all the specialty parts especially wheels. I knew when the warehouse or manufacturer was blowing wind up my skirt.
                              You think they had a clue??
                              Here is the thing.. Most vendors, work with suppliers for years to decades.. and will trust the rep.. that they have dealt with for years to decades..
                              As much as some want to believe , no vendor wants an unhappy customer.. That is the last thing they want.. The people/vendor pdub was working with are a middle man.. and have no control if the production side.. other than trusting the info the rep gives them, and they pass it to the customer.. At any time pdub could've cancelled the order and got other rims..
                              Like the real deal BBS.. if he just has to have that design look.. Bonus is you can get the bbs in 1 piece or 3 piece.. 3 piece is ideal for him, so if he hurts the outer hoop. it can be changed..
                              Last edited by Mark; March 5, 2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X