Can I Post a Video Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Post a Video Next Week?

Road Atlanta. Out of Turn 7, that's the slowest part of the whole road course. Decreasing radius off-camber tight spot. What I can't figure out is why so many folks hit the wall on the INSIDE of that turn. Skid marks going right over there and scars on the wall. Maybe they get on too much throttle too soon, looking toward that mile-long straightaway.

A mile long straightaway. Red's got a blower now. Like land speed. Nearly a standing start, out of Turn 7. How fast can you go? It's up to the car. And then brakes, flying downhill into 10A. Whatta roller coaster of a ride. Brakes brakes BRAKES BRAKES brakes BRAKES BRAKES brakes brakes, then TURN HARD LEFT. I won't post that video. Nobody wants to see that, it's not at all interesting....

Damn, are we THERE yet?!?!?!?!? Red. Blower. Road Atlanta. We might get killed, but it'll be a heckuva fun time doing it. Gosh, what fun.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Go fast, be safe, have fun. ZOOM. WHEE.
    Last edited by studemax; March 4, 2017, 07:17 AM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Pdub - I know you always had fun with Red but I'll bet there's a different feeling when you get in the ol' boy now, isn't there? If you take the boss for a ride on Monday (wasn't it the boss you and Red scared in his stock form?) she'll need a clean pair of knickers - most folks have never ridden in anything as quick as what you're running these days. So it FEELS different, at least my fast cars have.

Have fun and I'm looking forward to the vid.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        Brakes brakes BRAKES BRAKES brakes BRAKES BRAKES brakes brakes.
        A current rated full face helmet, fire suit, gloves, boots, roll bar / cage, race seat with 5-point belt restraint, arm-restraint, HANS device, fire suppression .....

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Pdub - I know you always had fun with Red but I'll bet there's a different feeling when you get in the ol' boy now, isn't there? If you take the boss for a ride on Monday (wasn't it the boss you and Red scared in his stock form?) she'll need a clean pair of knickers - most folks have never ridden in anything as quick as what you're running these days. So it FEELS different, at least my fast cars have.

Dan
          OH yeah. It's all new to me. I'll have to re-learn for sure. Some GOOD "getting used to." Like at Daytona, out of the Bus Stop into Big Track Turn 3. Third gear, wind it up. Ohhh deee ohhh dee ohhh.....what's your favorite song? Oh look, a seagull.....ohh dee ohhh, okay 4th Gear. Ewww, Look, we're slowly passing a slower car.....stay left dude, I'm up here, give me time....

No, those days are gone. A whole new deal going on. Yeah, there's THAT much of a difference and I respect it already. You put me 18 years old in Red right now, and I'd get killed just going around the block. I'd never make it in one piece.

Comment

You finally got the blower, Pdub? Sweet! Don't wrap yourself around a tree! 😎
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
              You finally got the blower, Pdub? Sweet! Don't wrap yourself around a tree! 😎
              Read the saga in projects under "BLOWER".
              Sue installed it for him : . .

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Yep. She did. I'm not proud. I'm proud of HER!

Comment

We are proud of the both members of the Weeville racing team! (Maybe even Kenny the cat for his contribution of moral support)
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Read the saga in projects under "BLOWER".

You bastard. Now I'm going to have to read all 87 pages!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	afbbdef6bd79d083b0ec4a204300f2b7.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1148721
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Ha, ha, ha ....

Comment

Pdub is sweet, and gives me way too much credit. I just hung in there thru the tough spots. Isn't that the definition of marriage? We could not have done it without Superman's help.

Comment

All teasing aside, I think it's pretty cool that you kicked in when Pdub was THRU and helped him over the rough spots. I hope he learned that he can do a lot more than he thought he could, including picking the right Sweetie. That's the one thing I'll take credit for - though her choosing me must have been a lapse in judgement.

So what's next?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

So what's next?

Dan
                            Solid rocket cartridge booster propulsion. But let us get "used" to the blower first. I have to be able to steer, or at least vaguely aim.

Comment

I suggest you Google Turbonique Drag Axle (I think I have that right - been a long time). It'll blow yer little noggin.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X