No announcement yet.

Dark Widow Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a medical waiver for my window tint on the Grand Prix. We are only allowed to have light tint on the front windows and limo tint on the Rears!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Dark tinted windows is part of the reason I no longer make decals or stickers for the inside of car windows.

The problem was many customers wanted them made for the inside of the glass and then complained that it was hard to see them without being right up close to the car.

I had the same problem with the guys building old gassers with different color plexiglass windows. They insisted that the decals had to go inside of the windows and then called me to tell me that the decal images kind of disappear with the colored plexiglass which is what I told them would happen.

The guys with later model street cars also applied widow tint and ran into the exact same problem.

Jim Hill

Comment

I think it's normal that tinting your car for grand prix is prohibited. Anyway, have you thought about installing car shades? Has anyone experienced this?

Comment

I totally agree with you that tinting your car for grand prix is prohibited, safety first right? But have you heard about car shades? I got mine and they work wonders at keeping the sun off my car. It's a great alternative to tinting your windows and they're super easy to install. Plus, they're perfect for those hot summer days when you don't want to fry inside your car. Definitely worth checking out.
          Last edited by severosos; March 21, 2023, 03:42 AM.

Comment

I would think in a race car of any kind , you'd want zero tinting . In case you needed rescued.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              You're not supposed to pass the state inspection if your tint is outside of the parameters but I've never heard of anyone failing because of it.
              Dan
              Life hack. Have inspection sticker run out in early spring or fall and roll the windows down.

Comment

Working...
              X