Dark Widow Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Widow Tint

The 92 has it and its dark . I love the look . I love looking out it during the day . But man in the dark , I sometime have to roll the windows down . And those idiots in the left lane that I glare at as I have to pass them on the right couldn't see my glares . See about 4 days ago I pulled the tint of the drivers side window. It has a spot that came of about the size of three quarters and was going to need redone yhis summer anyways . It's amazing now . When I drive by them and glare 90 % of them move over . Doesn't really do me any good but hey , I'm being a public servant. And we do have that law in Indiana , left lane is for passing, not sitting there cruising. And hey , people can see me waving them on at 4way stops now ! I think I'll just tear out the rest and start wearing sunglasses again .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Dark window tint at its very best is most good for pissing cops off because they can't see what's going on inside the car. And they are right, they assume you're a criminal already.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

A popular routine here local is unfolding, the new gm trucks with the tiny windows to begin with.
      buy them off the lot, no tint..and then the owner can go get it done to whatever they want.
      Saves a good pile of dough.

My dad tinted his 2016 gmc all the way around.
      Add some big black wheels and call the midnight edition something around a 5 oclock edition in comparison.

my 96 has huge glass side and front.. I still never think of tint for them.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        Dark window tint at its very best is most good for pissing cops off because they can't see what's going on inside the car. And they are right, they assume you're a criminal already.
        Most States now have laws governing the tint level to allow reasonable vision of the interior. If you are running tint darker than what is mandated, then you are in fact a criminal for that infraction alone.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I would love the opportunity to tell a cop or two from my past that their treatment of me made me the lawyer I am today.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            I would love the opportunity to tell a cop or two from my past that their treatment of me made me the lawyer I am today.
            I bet you would.

I find a very interesting trend here in Central Florida, of Deputy Sheriff's becoming Attorneys specializing in traffic injury cases.

Comment

Most States now have laws governing the tint level to allow reasonable vision of the interior. If you are running tint darker than what is mandated, then you are in fact a criminal for that infraction alone.
              Yes, they do - but here in Kansas they don't enforce it. I think dark tint is a really bad idea - no eye to eye contact between drivers. Also - it hides a multitude of sins - texting being the least problem, weapons or worse for the most. All are dangerous to drivers and the public. I say break out the dark windows.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

When I had a mustang GT convertible with black out tint and crome wheels I got pulled over a lot more than I did in the LX mustang with nearly legal tint and 10 holes, I don't think my driving style changed between the two.

Even with all the tickets I got in that GT no officer ever commented one the windows.
                Last edited by Russell; February 19, 2017, 11:14 AM.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Here in NC there are definite rules on tint. For example, it you look at the sides of your windshield you'll see a couple of little symbols on the glass, maybe 1/4 of the way down from the top - you can't have dark tint lower than those marks. Actually that makes no sense - at my height (and a lot of women are my height or shorter) that is nowhere near line of sight. I've was stopped a couple of times in random stop lanes (they look for driver's license, equipment violations, etc.) and while it was usually pointed out that the Dak had the tint too low they never ticketed me for it. That dark tint sure was helpful when driving into the sun. There is also a limit as to how dark the tint on any window can be with special restrictions on the driver's door glass.

You're not supposed to pass the state inspection if your tint is outside of the parameters but I've never heard of anyone failing because of it.

Dan

Comment

Whats a state inspection 😎 .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                      Whats a state inspection 😎 .
                      Same here.

But we've got more fender flapping garbage bag windowed duct taped George Jetson sounding vehicles wandering the back roads here in Tennessee.....probably the driver doesn't even have a license, either, so what's the difference? For the lack of an inspection program.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Son had a lowered Rabbit with tinted windows and EVERYDAMNTIME I drove that gokart, I got pulled over...
                        Him? NEVERDAMNONCE did he get pulled over for tinted windows!

Comment

I'm actually OK with the inspection here. In MI there was none and Lord knows what was coming down the road toward you. Here at least somebody looked at it and the shops that do it DO look at brakes and steering and tires and they won't pass the vehicle if they don't meet whatever standards the State sets. Of course they hope to get the job of fixing it so they have an incentive to actually DO those checks but as I said at least someone looks once a year. Not saying there are no jalopies but I think it thins the herd a bit.

Dan

Comment

For years I had zero trouble getting my cars inspected, the last time I got the 89 LX inspected it was a pain, THEY must have been tightening the screws.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

They got rid of inspections in indiana around 1974 . It was so currupt . When a counselman came in to a meeting with three not affixed to a windshield, it was pretty much over .
                              Edit- Most of the police cars have illegal tint . But that that won't necessarily stop them from writing you a ticket for it if they want to be jerks . Most of the jerks are in small towns .
                              Last edited by Dan Barlow; February 20, 2017, 08:41 AM.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X