Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not easy being green (My new truck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So for wheels, if you'd like to keep a stockish vibe... 16x7 steelie Ford E250-350 van wheels have the bump outs for dog dish hubcaps, are super beefy, made by Accuride and can be found DIRT cheap.
    They have the appearance of a wider wheel because of a shallower 3.75" backspacing and an extra 1/2" of width.

You'll have to do some research, the Super Duty trucks went to metric wheels in '98, but the vans kept the 8x6.5 pattern into the 2000's Although the later years didn't have the bump outs for dog dish caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      Hessten right ?
      CaseIH
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Aah . Well the hesston has fiat agria on atleast one of the gages .
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; February 14, 2017, 03:12 AM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Not too expensive to run those wheels, and I can run 265s front and back without issue too with them, that's the plan now I think
          Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

From what I've read so far...the 16x7 Ford steelies came on the F250-350 from the 80's through 97. Some have the dog dish bumpouts, some don't.
            They also came on the E250-350 vans of the same time period up into the mid 2000's. Again, some have the dog dish bumpouts, some don't.
            To make sure you don't accidentally buy the narrower 8x6.5 lug pattern factory 16x6.5 Chevy or 16x6 Dodge steel wheels, check the wheels for stamping on the backside.
            Should be stamped, 16x7, Ford and the manufacturer Accuride.

Oh! I helped a buddy do a mechanical restore of his olive green C20 a few years ago. The paint, where thick, buffed out to almost new condition!
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...1-c20-longhorn

I wish I had known about the 16x7 Ford wheels back then!! I'd have definitely found a set for his truck!
            Last edited by andy30thz; February 14, 2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X