Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not easy being green (My new truck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle, don't worry.. It isn't you nor your truck.. It's been festering on SEVERAL threads..
    Love it, BTW!
    Drive it as you see fit, for no other reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
      I've got to replace that ugly rear bumper
      I've been thinking about this more and I really believe you should just rock it the way it is and get the mechanicals sound ... I like it. Once it's tight, you could start working on de-green'ing the interior and improve the creature comforts.

What does everyone else think ?

Comment

I've been a red , black or bark blue guy all my life . But it got old . Yes they are my favorite cars but if everyone has old its just boring . Like going to a cruise in and seeing a red blk or blue 60s camaro or the same with a 70-72 chevelle . They are nice but I've seen thousands of them . They all run together and just become the same one . Its why I bought a quasar blue vette this time . And its amazing how many people I don't know tell me they love the color . My vote, drive it like it is. You can always change it later.......if you don't fall in love with the interior or exterior color . Only thing I'd ever do is put a 3/4 ton 4x4 axle in front once its not a daily driver . Rock on !
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I have never owned a 4x4, but someday I will build a light-weight, all aluminum bodied, custom framed CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            I have never owned a 4x4, but someday I will build a light-weight, all aluminum bodied, custom framed CJ.

barbarian.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              barbarian.
              Heathen, yes ... barbarian, not so much.

Comment

Barethan? Heatharian? Something like that, a combination though actually Steve's fairly civilized.

Dan

Comment

Not liking a old jeep is just un-American. Maybe youve been up near Canada too long 🤔.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                    Not liking a old jeep is just un-American. Maybe youve been up near Canada too long 🤔.

Okay smart guy.... tell me what year that Jeep built an aluminum boy CJ. While you're searching for that, if it's a 'custom' frame, how is it a Jeep frame (presumptively someone would build a strong frame as opposed to a Jeep frame). Add some decent axles (read, not Jeep), a GM motor, and you have something that the purists hate and the rest say "why would you call that a Jeep"

And just one more question for you, how is it unAmerican?. the last time Jeep was an American company, you could buy sporting equipment from the same company. Gold chains were high fashion, and polyester was something you wear. Now it's just a Fiat putting on airs.
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 12, 2017, 10:11 PM.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Okay smart guy.... tell me what year that Jeep built an aluminum boy CJ. While you're searching for that, if it's a 'custom' frame, how is it a Jeep frame (presumptively someone would build a strong frame as opposed to a Jeep frame). Add some decent axles (read, not Jeep), a GM motor, and you have something that the purists hate and the rest say "why would you call that a Jeep"

And just one more question for you, how is it unAmerican?. the last time Jeep was an American company, you could buy sporting equipment from the same company. Gold chains were high fashion, and polyester was something you wear. Now it's just a Fiat putting on airs.
                      ​You could buy sporting equipment from Chrysler? Or if for some reason you aren't calling Chrysler American, You could buy sporting equipment from AMC?

​Thought some of y'all might like my most recent modification (I've decided to keep the bumper)
                      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Love the bumper sticker . Not the two crooks but the bumper sticker . Hey , from the beginning of large production of jeeps , practically everybody made them plus they bought parts off everyone to make them after the war . So those of us that aren't those crazy jeep purist don't have a proplem with take and putting together a bunch of parts that makes something that resembles a jeep and calling it a jeep . There are even aluminium FJs out there . Back to you counselor. ( wink )
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I find this comment hilarious. The first prototype was hand-built by American Bantam Car Company with much of the vehicle assembled from off-the-shelf automotive parts and custom four-wheel drivetrain components supplied by Spicer. Kinda like what I'm gonna do.

There is nothing "pure" about the production versions either, since it was based upon the Bantam Reconnaissance Car, but there were also design modifications incorporated by Willys-Overland and Ford, so it's a hybrid at best.

Comment

Fiat does like to put on airs. They even bought an agricultural equipment company in order to play with the big boys.

Eagle, that bumper sticker is hilarious.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              Fiat does like to put on airs. They even bought an agricultural equipment company in order to play with the big boys.

Eagle, that bumper sticker is hilarious.
                              Hessten right ? My fater in law had a 56-72 or something to that effect . We ended up putting a gm alternator on it .😊
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Not many people realize that FIAT is an acronym for "Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino".

My Mom had a 1957 Nuova 500 that had the cool "suicide doors" she used to drive to work, until my Dad got accordion'd inside it in 1964. That was the end of that Jiffy Pop car.

Comment

Working...
                                X