V16 Cadillac engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V16 Cadillac engine

We were able to get the V16 running on both sides(banks)and running well.here's a little video.
    Last edited by V12guy; January 20, 2017, 08:44 AM.
    See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Thankfully,both Auburn and Cadillac used "Delco" Distributors! I was able to understand what the Engineers were trying to accomplish 80 years ago.

Comment

Very cool! It's SO smooth, which after all was the whole idea. Great work, Andy.

I got an invite to the volunteer fair at the ACD Museum - I SO wish it and I were closer together as I'd be there.

Dan

Comment

nice. Would love to see one.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Pure music.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

That's smooth! What was the problem it was having?
            Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

We were having trouble getting both sides to run equally well. Basically it's two eight cylinder engines with a common crankshaft.
              We could get one side to run (left or right) but not both at the same time. We measured the exhaust manifolds, vacuum, and temp/velocity at the exhaust tips.
              Long story short, the coil lead for the left side was burnt,and not making contact inside the cap.
              Of course it was 'the suck' to see and get to this. After removing the hood,it was easy peasy (er)
              Of course we were quite nervous taking the hood off since it's only a 150K plus Automobile.
              I think that we are going to drive and show it this year.
              When the weather gets better, I'll get a driving video for you all.

Comment

Working...
              X