No announcement yet.

what do you do with snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...there's always a smart-ass in the house, somewhere...

Comment

yes but the rain is going his direction yet so while he's gloating now, floating seems a distinct possibility in his future... but at least it's a warm rain ;)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

the rain hit a couple hours later, we drove through it on the way home....not a big deal. Normal street tires with normal inflation pressure.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

was watching this 43 year old plow.

I thought it cool he mentioned reasons on high idle.. it kept oil pressure up, alternator and pump spinning.
          pilot shaft lubed.

I remember one form the 50s, a 283. Same routine as this old pickup.
          it stood ground for more than 35 years. Carbed engines.

and manual tranny was the choice, always.

Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I thought you were talking about 'disposal'..........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
              was watching this 43 year old plow.

I thought it cool he mentioned reasons on high idle.. it kept oil pressure up, alternator and pump spinning.
              pilot shaft lubed.

I remember one form the 50s, a 283. Same routine as this old pickup.
              it stood ground for more than 35 years. Carbed engines.

and manual tranny was the choice, always.

Dat's cool. My first experience with driving a plow truck was a 70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4.... there wasn't a straight panel on it, but it was indestructible. How do I know? that was 1984, it's still being used to plow now.... looks almost exactly the same
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I plow it around here. It can be pretty lucrative, if we get enough to have to go out, minimum of an inch required by contract. December was good, January, not so much, too warm, and what we did get was freezing rain! Maybe February and March will be better, from a cashflow standpoint!
                Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                Gregg and Deb Miller
                Verona, Wi.

Comment

Sean and I often practice our power-sliding, drifting, whatever you call it, without having to waste the tire budget....
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                  X