X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you do with snow?

Photos....

Airing down to go play

two things.... the honda wanted to air down and almost became our first pull of the day... the other, yes, that's a goat and dog playing in the background...

the arch signifies that here be many pulls

nice truck, too bad today it was only 2 wd

to our left is the last pull of the day (in about 4 hours from this time)

and where we left the 2wd truck

there is rumor that my hole created a few other fun moments for others

trying out my new, soft shackles (love them)

and out

that glove becomes important later - used to keep the synthetic line from spinning on the drum

John demonstrates what happens when you zig (go right) instead of zag.... fortunately about 50 feet further he zagged instead of zigged and got stuck again so the universe was okay (balanced stucks)

et voila

remember the Toyota? ;) there were a whole bunch of pulls here

and the WaZuk club - most of them are really nice, but that Steve guy.... dunno about him ;)

airing up to go home

when we going again?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I go straight home and shovel my drive by hand . You look like your having more fun with it .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I observe it on the TV thanking my lucky starts and my sweet wife that I no longer have to deal with it. In the rare event that any falls from our skies I wait a day.

Dan

Comment

I look at it, up on the mountains, a few miles away.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I am in it, like a turd in the toilet.
          it is fun if you have a teenage mentality.

a lot has melted. I watch it come and go, staying aware of density changes.

adulthood builds machines no one cares about.
          I have made some strong things given the average of who calls what strong.

I'd add tracks to a 130hp subaru with ten gears, and never want another machine.
          snow isn't round, and neither are snow shoes.

this is the wimpiest awd they ever shipped, and still inspired a dweeb.

I have the last of the real thing. Breaks the factory car in half in less than 100k miles.
          These tracks would be perfect.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 16, 2017, 04:48 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It's funny to hear the naysayers. I was chatting with some of the 'zuki guys while waiting in the traffic jam and we all agreed that snow was better then anything else. 1) you can layer clothes - loss of lunch would result from me stripping down, 2) snow is simply clean mud there is no clean up - best of all, the stuff they spray on the road is an amazing rust inhibitor so going wheeling also protects from rust, 3) the ones in skirts never go up to the hills in snow because it freezes off what little is up their skirt. No dust, no mud, no dehydration, just good clean fun

sowhatchawhiningabout?

Comment

What do they spray on your roads? Where I am the salt is pretty metal corrosive.

Comment

they don't use salt unless it's a major emergency... https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/winter/anti.htm

Comment

I think they use cinders around here. There's a shed full of something like that, where the snow plow sits, at the entrance to the Mule Tunnel near Bisbee. But that's over where it snows a bit more, and they have hills....

You can have the cold.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

My issue with snow is that it comes with cold. I could happily do snow at 70+ degrees but it doesn't last long that way given the way things are. Since the heart attack I can't DO cold.

Dan

Comment

Most can't call the office and tell them to clear the day.. so they can go play. in the snow..
                      I did note only the toyo needed the hook/cable

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        I think they use cinders around here. There's a shed full of something like that, where the snow plow sits, at the entrance to the Mule Tunnel near Bisbee. But that's over where it snows a bit more, and they have hills....

You can have the cold.

And you can have the heat

Comment

What do we do with snow? We watch it melt because it doesn't last long here.... and I like it that way.
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Weather in WA:

Click image for larger version

Name:	snow stuck.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1141289

Weather in CA:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06902.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	145.6 KB