Russian Dashcam Vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Dashcam Vids

From time to time, I will watch these Russian dashcam vids.... WTF is wrong with these people? They speed recklessly, drive like idiots - never looking right, left, or in a mirror. Pretty sure many of them are drunk, too - even the pedestrians. You couldn't pay me to ride in Russia, let alone drive. I would want to kill every asshole who causes a wreck. Am I over-reacting?
    Last edited by studemax; January 15, 2017, 11:27 PM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

I really hope the majoity of them aren't that stupid .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I still watch them.
      there is some weirdness..

must be getting that water pump to flow some heat in the cabin by raising rpms

Cold in long term, you would think you were stupid too, if you were lucky to catch on.

I noticed the scanias in some of those sudden scenes doing maneuvres like a fast thinking sportsman.
      I thought it must be comfortable enough to keep a brain inside.

Happened to me and my dad too. Real cabin air was not until the late 80s...or an air ride seat for passengers.

I also noticed the honda civic of their country is still that damn crazy lada niva.
      I hope they open up more than minerals in the sales for changes.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Barry - get back on your meds, so I can understand you.

Comment

Barry is saying it's too cold there for people to think straight and their crappy little cars have heaters that probably don't keep up.

Russians are mostly still into their first generation of common private car ownership. They did not grow up with parents who owned cars, who might pass along training, stories, instincts, caution. From a young age we all knew people who were maimed or killed in cars, the thrill of learning to drive came with a little appropriate fear, citizens of the former Soviet lands just don't have that but we now see it being bred into them anyway. I have little doubt that through the thirties in this country those scenes common in Russian dash cam videos were common occurrences here, only at slower speeds.

Comment

From a passengers personal experience they do drive that wild and crazy and not necessarily drunk. It was a different experience! The city driving was utter chaos, the country driving was like a Rally car experience WITH ice and snow!
            Remember the phrase " man you drive like Steve McQueen ", I was thinking that the whole time especially when I was riding with our coordinator Nadia! Man that gal could drive!! Yep throw alcohol in the mix and you sure enough have something😂
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

It's getting to be like that here.
              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I remember seeing a video where a guy had crashed his car wait totaled the car and was still trying to drive it with his dead friend impaled in the car.

Comment

Barry is saying it's too cold there for people to think straight and their crappy little cars have heaters that probably don't keep up.

Russians are mostly still into their first generation of common private car ownership. They did not grow up with parents who owned cars, who might pass along training, stories, instincts, caution. From a young age we all knew people who were maimed or killed in cars, the thrill of learning to drive came with a little appropriate fear, citizens of the former Soviet lands just don't have that but we now see it being bred into them anyway. I have little doubt that through the thirties in this country those scenes common in Russian dash cam videos were common occurrences here, only at slower speeds.
                  Thank you for your translation, Loren - so glad someone had a decoder ring.

Your comments about Russian drivers seems pretty incisive, too. Big ups for your response.

Comment

I'd like to ride in a Scania with a good driver.. They seem to be awesome trucks.

Stude, Found Barry's post perfectly understandable, dunno why you couldn't get it..

Comment

Found Barry's post perfectly understandable, dunno why you couldn't get it..
                      Maybe it's because I don't drink. Maybe it's because I prefer cogent thoughts communicated clearly. Your guess is as good as mine, after all - there are lots of mysteries left to solve in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                        From time to time, I will watch these Russian dashcam vids.... WTF is wrong with these people? They speed recklessly, drive like idiots - never looking right, left, or in a mirror. Pretty sure many of them are drunk, too - even the pedestrians. You couldn't pay me to ride in Russia, let alone drive. I would want to kill every asshole who causes a wreck. Am I over-reacting?
                        BAHAHAHA... what you think the video's be different if everybody in the usa had to have dash cams... HINT.. it be just as bad or worse..

Comment

Working...
                        X