Raodkill rolling into Tucson today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raodkill rolling into Tucson today

they have a nice drag race/show/event thing going on 13-14 January, that's today and tomorrow, the Zip Tie Drags. Saturday at Tucson Dragway. And a caravan leaving Irwindale this morning, to get there.

Of course, it's rainy today on the way, and the rain should hit Tucson around early afternoon Saturday. Yes, I'm gonna be there all day tomorrow!
    Last edited by squirrel; January 13, 2017, 08:13 AM.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

You have some special kind of set of rain slicks for the Chevy II, right...?

Comment

I have the tires that are on it now, which are narrow and have deep tread, and I also have the slicks in the trunk. The wipers work. The drag strip only runs when it's dry...

No worries.
      My fabulous web page

Comment

I caught a few minutes of a random live feed, they do seem to have fun.
        Someone waved to them while they were on.

I like that stuff, as my locale it is really dead on these subjects...we break much more than race cars.
        not for fun.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

At first I was thinking you were going to motor down in the Lincoln but then I see your going to participate. 55 or Chevy ll ?
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

55 has a 283, likely Plan II

Comment

I'm pretty sure the 55 has a big block also . I'm sure he'll fill us in in a while .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                I'm pretty sure the 55 has a big block also . I'm sure he'll fill us in in a while .
                Went bye with a 283..

Comment

55 is gone, but I saw the guy who bought it, he didn't bring the car to the event.

Fun day! Made a test pass early, then hung out all day talking and looking at cars etc. My wife took her Dart and entered the car show, my son showed up around 1 in his old truck. There was a lottery for ten fans (who were racing their cars) to race against Mike and David, who would be in Roadkill cars. I got one of the lucky winning draws! so I got to wait around while everyone else raced, then I was the last guy for the nice young man in the 3rd gen yellow Camaro to race. He took out the Roadkill guys. I did win the final round...10 something to 13 something. Very fun race! then we headed home, it was dark when we left, and hit rain about half way home, it rained pretty hard for about 20 miles.

Maybe I'll get some pics up in a bit. I have to get warmed up first
                  Last edited by squirrel; January 14, 2017, 07:52 PM.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Seems like I missed a shift. Figuratively and literally .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Congrats on the win!

I have to say, not seeing you with the '55 is a little like "Mandella Effect" to me, but you always seem to be off on the next thing to tinker with or rebuild from scratch. Never can tell with you, except the part where it usually turns out pretty cool. I'm almost jealous of your ability to turn stuff loose. I would still have the bulldozer and the bubble top and the crew cab and the ... can't keep them all I suppose. If I wanted them that bad, I should have gotten out my checkbook, right? Grin.
                      Last edited by Beagle; January 15, 2017, 06:24 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Cool!!!Squirrel for the win!!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Congrats, Squirrel! that had to have been a great time!

Comment

It was! Elana put up some pictures from the event....

Roadkill - It's Automotive Chaos Theory! David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan are two guys behaving badly with cars.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                            X