No announcement yet.

Downforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some classes allow various sorts of wings or spoilers on the rear and if well designed they help significantly with handling the air off the rear. We do allow vehicles to follow the race vehicle down the track but they seem to never be able to keep up (push trucks )

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      We do allow vehicles to follow the race vehicle down the track but they seem to never be able to keep up (push trucks )

Dan
      When Unit and I were sitting in chairs at the finish line spectating at Maxton, all of a sudden the action stopped. I checked my watch, no it's not lunchitime. The track looked clear and open. Puzzling break in the program.

A mighty good while later a guy came into view on a cycle. An electric motorcycle. Going REAL slow. He finally came by going about 20-something mph I think it was. He was all tucked in over the handlebars. If he could have made himself any slicker, he might have made 30 mph!

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Yes, the ECTA has classes for a wide variety of vehicle styles, but they must be propelled by the wheels .. one guy keeps wanting to run his homemade prop-driven car and he does not pass Tech inspection.

Comment

Oh Lord......are you referencing Franklin from way back in CarJunkie days? Or was that from HotRod forum days.....
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Yep, the 'ole Propster himself .. he migrated to CarJunkie from Hot Rod. His spam still hits my Junk folder every now and then .. still don't read them either.

Comment

STOP THE MADNESS! If someone mentions him one more time in this thread, he will appear! All of us will regret it.
              vic NASCARland

Comment

Working...
              X