What Does it Take to Make a Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does it Take to Make a Coach?

The football season is winding down....NFL and college. Coaching announcements abound on the home page. They're getting fired, one or two are quitting....I think NASCAR refers to it as "Silly Season," the same thing goes on there.

I guess if the team doesn't win, it's the coach's fault. Apparently. Even though every team, especially pro teams, have so much meat on the hoof, they're supposed to win every game. They should, every team should win every game. Even when most of the guys on the team are about 20-something years old and they are paid lots more money per year than the coach does. And they're all wired up on themselves and stuff, why should they bother to listen to the coach? That's gotta be a hard job, being the coach. I wouldn't want it.

It's hard enough trying to coach ourselves, one at a time, each one of us.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I mean....

REALLY?

EDIT: So the guy with the diamond ear ring rips the gold necklace off of the other guy, and......REALLY?
    Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib stays disrespecting opposing wideouts. In the first quarter of Sunday’s Week 17 game against the Oakland Raiders,
    Last edited by pdub; January 1, 2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

They just can't let him do that ! Next thing you know he'll take the guy's purse ....I mean hand bag .....I mean , man bag . Gold chain ? Does that guy have a corvette ? And no buttons on his shirt ? Oh I think I derailed this thread into Steve's !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

HhahahahahahaHAhAH!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dunno bout this coachy thingamajigaboo...
          Chip Kelly given a team and scheme to win with.. The players immediately went rouge.. (becomes political so stop here)
          Then do not listen..
          Has a chance to build, but no.. FIRED!
          Like sending in a fabricator to fix a f'd up race car, gets all the mistakes ironed out and ready to build...FIRED!

Never understod 3/4 the crap that went on in NFL...

Comment

Isn't it simple?
            Pay you a boatload of cash to fool around with a ball at a huge cost to your body...
            Seems to me.. No punching wives in elevators, strip clubs night clubs and wild ass parties (think IMAGE)
            How hard is it to act NOT the fool?
            Is it hard to be thankful for what you do have than to squander it?
            Reggie Jackson comes to mind as one who "still has hs money" (altho in cars)
            Most others ???

I kinda wish I never played high school football.. (8 man league, played both ways, never left the field from opening buzzer to end)
            I'm sure my knees and hips are helped along their destructed way by that.. Rugby probably didn't help either..
            I dunno... I suppose I'm sitting here hurting, befuddled by all the football "baloney"
            I like derbys where we say "good hit" instead of " you hit me when I wasn't looking"
            There are a handful of drivers that are fun to run with, laugh with..
            Then there are drivers throwing stuff in the pits acting 5 years old and wants to fight..
            Guess I best go to bed...

Comment

Bob, get some rest My Friend. The point at hand is how the other .00000001 percent of us live (the pro athletes) , but it's what maybe 30% of us watch religiously. I can't decide who is stupider, us or them.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                Bob, get some rest My Friend. The point at hand is how the other .00000001 percent of us live (the pro athletes) , but it's what maybe 30% of us watch religiously. I can't decide who is stupider, us or them.
                Same reasons the romans watched fights to the death..
                As much as the human races would like to forget, we are still animals..

Comment

What Does it Take to Make a Coach?
                  Balls

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    That is easy... US! For enabling them to be that way!

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

Balls
                      Foot, basket or base?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

Same reasons the romans watched fights to the death..
                        Well done Sir. Well played indeed.

Comment

I think the public is getting a little tired of sports on TV, especially pro sports. The TV ratings have fallen like a rock over the last couple of years.

The demands on coaches of all sports at all levels are incredible. I helped coach a middle school wrestling team for a few years and found that when there wasn't pressure from the administration (for us there wasn't any), pressure from some parents was ridiculous. I remember having to have and administrator remove a parent of one of our team members from the premises because he would not get away from the mat while his kid was wrestling. The kid did better when his dad wasn't around. Coaches are rarely the stars and this many see them as unimportant no manner what sport or level.
                          Last edited by JRoberts; January 16, 2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X