I love Karma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Karma!

Last night coming back from Walley World I was on the truck by pass. It's 2 lanes the merge into one before merging back into the main road. The right lane on the bypass ends and merges with the left. So I'm in the left lane keeping a good distance behind a car in front who's in the right lane so he can merge in the left. As I approach the point where it becomes 1 lane this A hole in a Audi is doing at least 15 mph over the limited, goes over on the right shoulder to pass me. At this point he is very close to my right side, I pull onto the left shoulder so I won't get hit. Once on the main road, back to 2 lanes, I'm in the right when a pair of head lights come up very quickly. I look to see it's a state trooper who saw the whole thing. About a mile down the road the trooper has him pulled over. That made my night.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Nothing like the blue lights on somebody else, where they should be ... not behind you !

Comment

My favorite one was my brother in law was driving down I74 from Indy towards Cincinnati. Traffic was just heavy enough that with this jerk in the fast lane poking down the fast lane , it would be of great effort to get around him . Like floor it at the first clearing of the car to your right and swing around him but the slow poke could have moved over and then back out after traffic passed without slowing down . So anyways he finally gets around the guy but he had noticed this white charger crossing the inside line to see what was the hold up before going around on the right . Well , once the white charger did it again about 5 times when he was right behind this jerk , you'd have thought it was time to get over . Nope , just kept driving . Yep , cop lit him up . They are never there for me when this happens but it tickled my heart just hearing about this one .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Little car people that believe everything they saw on you tube.
        Gotta watch out for those.

my most favorite is doing 74mph heading into nothingville maine north I-95..
        with 5000 pounds of GMC.
        letting all the ground hogs pass until tail lights are way way off in the distance as tiny little things...
        and then...

I am not telling what i do next.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

years ago - (1999/2000), I was coming home from school. I worked days and went to night school - it's late, and it is Noah-level flood rain. I'm driving my S10 V8 Blazer (with 33" tires) and this car tailgates me from one side of the bridge to the other. He could go past, but didn't. I turn onto the onramp to the next bypass and there is a huge lake where it dips, I do the brake flash to get him out from under my bumper but I think it just made him madder - no matter, by then I was in the middle of this lake barely keeping it between the ditches. He about hits either side, collects himself and I'm now on the bypass - he goes by me like I'm standing still (wtf did I do?) I go around a corner and there's a favorite spot for cops to sit... and one's sitting there. He pulls the guy over, I wave as I go past. Karma is a wonderful woman when she's looking at someone else.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Welcome to BS, John. Who was just here, then disappeared...

A non-cop-but-justice-anyway story: (stop me if you've heard this before...oh, wait, it's too late...)

I hate tailgaters, especially around here with two-lane roads, no passing, other cars in front of you...what do they expect to gain?

Sooo... it's 4:30 a.m. (pitch black dark) on my way to work, was a Monday and you can guess my mood. I'm going the limit, 55, I've have allowed a few hundred yards space in front of me but the headlights behind me are right on my tail, only a few feet back. A tap on the brake might just get him hostile, so I don't press the issue. Still, I'm kinda stewing over it.

As we drive along I notice the car (well) ahead of me make an odd move, then in the headlights of oncoming cars I can see something laying in the road, appears to be a roll of carpet or something. For a moment I have an evil thought and wish the guy behind me would drive into it, but I know from watching people's habits that when I get there and swerve to go around it, so will he whether he sees the object I'm going around or not.

Ahh, but...

I've also wondered what would happen if I suddenly swerved and the guy behind me did also, but then it turned out there was no reason for it. Like, "crying wolf", I would lose my credibility with him, and the next time I swerved he might not so much, regarding my move as the work of a drunk or idiot and not a warning of something ahead.

So, with the distance between the carpet roll and I decreasing by the second, I swerve, for nothing. Good strong one to the right.

So does he.

Then after a few moments, with no cars oncoming, I swerve to the left. Another good one, I must look like a maniac. This time he follows me again and swerves also but a lot less...not much at all.

Now, the carpet roll. Here it comes...just a few yards shy of it, I swervvvve to the right, all the way, almost into the shoulder, and just get around it.

He goes dead straight. Of course he didn't see a thing, being right on my butt and all, until it was too late.

Behind me I see his headlights go from level to pointing to the sky. Up, and over, my gawd it was perfect. Yes it was a soft item, I don't think there was damage, but man, what a bump. He pulled back, 'way back...after awhile he was behind me again, only this time at a reasonable legal distance, where the road widened to two lanes each way he never did come up and try to pass me.

Since I was still laughing miles later, it's just as well.

After some thought I wouldn't do that again, but cherish the memory of the one time...
            Last edited by Loren; January 30, 2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

well played, sir, well played.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We can always hope he tore the front valance up . And here's hoping he had one !
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Probably that or his own bumper cover was the next thing he drove over, after the carpet. I did kinda wanna see what the front of his car looked like afterward but he wouldn't get close enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    Welcome to BS, John. Who was just here, then disappeared.....
                    One of the better spammers I've seen in awhile. Writes a seemingly relevant paragraph, just to implant a hopefully transparent link to "WriteMyEssay" site. Unfortunately, those types always choose an older thread to implant and it's their first post. Both Red Flags in my book.

Comment

Interesting. Well he needed someone to write his essay, his story was about another car spitting gravel into him, only his word was "regurgitate". Sounded like someone from India needing work on the English. So anyhow, I learn something every day...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

One of the better spammers I've seen in awhile. Writes a seemingly relevant paragraph, just to implant a hopefully transparent link to "WriteMyEssay" site. Unfortunately, those types always choose an older thread to implant and it's their first post. Both Red Flags in my book.
                        Seeing the use of language, I figured it was run thru one of those translation software deals - and not a very good one. Who knows the original language? That's why I didn't welcome him - figured it was a spammer.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X