No announcement yet.

I Don't Have Anything to Say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bless your heart Barry ... I've worked hard over the years at understanding your posts, but it's like some Gremlin comes along and randomly removes key words from your sentences. Pics are great though !

Comment

For instance, one prime example comes to mind; there was a large following of David Freiburger "groupies" that quit showing up as soon as David returned to Hot Rod and stopped posting.

Comment

I think part of the problem is just competition and changing trends. People are now using YouTube and Facebook as never before. How many times can something be placed on various sources and get traffic? I see the same trend on another site I hang out on. New generation of viewers with different interests.

You can either like or dislike pdub but at least he's posting, people are reading and responding one way or another. That's traffic!
        Last edited by Huskinhano; December 4, 2016, 04:03 PM.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          Did P help kill it? Inquiring minds wish to know.
          Stude, no... He is trying to keep it alive..

Steve, I hear what you say about changes.. NWDD used to have nightly chats among some of the best drivers/builders in the PNW... Now? Well the last derby of the year was early October up in Yakima WA.... Site is dead.. I think 2 or 3 posts since then.. There is a "birthday thread" where everybody bagged on the birthday person.. For over a year I was the only one wishing guys HB.. it all went to facebook..

Comment

pdub can start a conversation in an empty room......

Comment

FB is the devil !

Comment

Some of my younger friends and acquaintances can't believe that I'm not on social media and have zero interest in doing so. The downside is that I'm somewhat out of the loop with our kids but I Email regularly and so far they seem to know to look once in a while so they know what I'm up to.

I can't believe so many (mostly) younger folks who simply can't seem to function w/o a phone in their hand. I see said younger folks come out of a theater with their phones in their hands itching to get back in touch with whoever they think they NEED to be in touch with. Reminds me of smokers running to clear the exit so they can light up. I know I'm old but I can't think of anybody that I have to contact NOW.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Some of my younger friends and acquaintances can't believe that I'm not on social media and have zero interest in doing so. The downside is that I'm somewhat out of the loop with our kids but I Email regularly and so far they seem to know to look once in a while so they know what I'm up to.

I can't believe so many (mostly) younger folks who simply can't seem to function w/o a phone in their hand. I see said younger folks come out of a theater with their phones in their hands itching to get back in touch with whoever they think they NEED to be in touch with. Reminds me of smokers running to clear the exit so they can light up. I know I'm old but I can't think of anybody that I have to contact NOW.

Dan
                  Yep, my daughter is on Instagram, she has 13,000 followers. One of her good friends she has known since 2nd grade is breaking into the Hollywood movie and commercial bisiness with some success. She has asked my daughter to manager her Instagram account as well because she doesn't have as many followers and having followers in social media is very, very important for work.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

My son 36 yr old and I 62 did not bother with fb for a long time. I am a moderator/administrator for the derby website (Northwest Demo Derby. Or NWDD) Figured we were "in touch". Kept hearing about stuff too late, missing good car deals and so on, I broke down and signed up.. Mostly derby stuff, pit bulls (my loves) and a few family members.. A couple friends and nobody from school. They didn't like me then, why bother now..
                    One good thing about fb is the whole area gets into fb.. More coverage. More parts (cradles, tranny cages, dist protectors and pulley protectors)
                    But the website is the place to go for build tips and show info as well as rules.. Every show has their own rules.. Basically the top guys/gals build for a show then repair for another
                    Being on fb now... Some of the garbage I scroll thru is ridiclous! But I do enjoy chatting with folks I see 1-2-3 times a year, that is nice.
                    My fb is still auto related.. Derby and 4x mostly. Sites are circling the drain. I love Bangshift.. It's family..

Comment

Even Jalopnik is sucking bad since the big beat-down this year
                      I look at Jalopnik every day, and it has always sucked. They are run by a bunch of young liberals who like Tesla, Apple, Google and computer-piloted cars a little TOO much. In my opinion, they are tech/computer guys who THINK they are car guys, but they are not.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

People come, people go. I lurked and read posts for a couple of years before I recently signed up. While not a particularly busy board, this place seems populated by honest car guys. To me that's far better than volume on a board where every other post is asking how to build a 350. There are many here with different skills and talents and I'm glad to be amongst them.

Devin

Comment

And Devin, we're glad to have you.

Dan

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

We did have a lot of hard core car guys with lots of great experience and the General Discussion board would have two-pages of new threads every day ... all about car stuff. Too bad they dwindled away.

Or got banned . . . .
                              Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; December 6, 2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                                FB is the devil !

It's the drivel . . . endless streams of lame jokes, political rants, vacation selfies and dumb cat videos. But it has mostly replaced 20th Century message boards . . . and it fosters more insular "communities."

Comment

Working...
                                X