Friggin..........hate...........deer..........saving the 2005 Dodge Magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    ummmm.... this may come as a shock (heh, pun) to you, but a computer chip is merely a very small bunch of switches (switched by equally small elf slaves).
    Watt is that you say, Sherlock Ohms? Shocking!

Next thing you will be trying to tell me a shock absorber is really a careless electrician.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

But at least he's well grounded.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

ummmm.... this may come as a shock (heh, pun) to you, but a computer chip is merely a very small bunch of switches (switched by equally small elf slaves).
        You've neglected to mention the all critical "Magic Smoke" which should never be let out of the computer chip.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That's only in english switches - and do you know the reason they need smoke inside? ever seen a leprechaun without a pipe?
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 8, 2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

That's only in english switches - and do you know the reason they need smoke inside? ever seen a leprechaun without a pipe?
            Leprechauns aren't even from the same island as England, ya goof. I can assure you computer chips made in other island nations (and the rest of the planet) require magic smoke to work correctly.

Comment

The Brit stole them when they conquered Mel Gibson... LIKE DUH!

Comment

Ignoring the Celtic v. Anglo-Saxon debate because there weren't enough captured Leprechauns in the history of ever to fill a pipe pouch of computer chips. How do you account for Samurai magic smoke?

I think, Englishman, with your story of switches, you need to also consider the concept of Zero. A concept which Englishmen were centuries behind at getting the idea of. Central American's, who certainly knew of magic smoke, understood Zero eons before the English attempted to enslave other cultures, and without Zero, your switch is stuck closed.

What about the U.S. of A's success in the first filling of an integrated circuit with magic smoke? Well, you can say what you want, but I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

Oh wait, this was about a Dodge, right?
                Last edited by Beagle; December 9, 2016, 04:17 AM.

Comment

There is a dodge in there somewhere all right.

Oh wait, you capitalized Dodge.....

Comment

America, land of the free, home of the beaglopes

Comment

Where's the flag pole?

Comment

Got a call from the parole board........it seems I have a car that is eligible for parole?

Oh yeah, I DO own a Dodge Magnum. Yes, yes, I still want it. Yes, I'll be down to claim it just as soon as possible.

How did that spot on the rear dogleg turn out? Remember, the small rusty spot I asked you touch up while the matching paint was already mixed up.

Yes, that spot. Ah, you remember now, good. And you'll get right on it tomorrow.....glad to hear it. And you'll call when it done, excellent.

It's good to witness consistency in an industry.

Comment

I know this story well, didn't realize it had made it all the way to Ohio. I'm glad my friends who own paint shops never ask me why I paint things myself - I've found that they're a sensitive lot and do not like direct expression.

Comment

I drove a car 250 miles one time only to get there and find he didn't want to do it . While I have had intensions of painting cars after that , before it ever happens I usually trade up .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

ME's HHR was accordioned at a light a few weeks back. We were both in the car - no damage to us but Nellie (that's the HHR's name) needed new front and rear bumper covers, a back-up camera, and other odds and ends. As the insurance was paying (the woman who started the whole chain reaction was ticketed and her insurance had to pay up) we took it to Port City Collision - real top notch shop. They did it ALL and did it perfectly. They even replaced the front and rear badges, both of which were scratched in the accident even though the rear one was doing the typical Chevy deterioration (if you notice HHR's as they drive past you'll see most of them have bad bowties). They were NOT cheap. When I took her in for the estimate the guy gave me a partial shop tour and the place is EQUIPPED and spotless. They even have a special area for aluminum welding as some of the newer cars have aluminum structure that needs this kind of treatment.

Guess what I'm saying is that the excellent shops will do the work properly though at a price. On the other hand they did not want to paint Truck but I did find a guy who is skilled and reasonable. Just setting up the funding and I'll get Truck in to him. He does NOT have a special aluminum welding facility!

Dan

Comment

And a finish to the saga. Grabbed a co-worker, bought him lunch for being my wheel-man, brought Magnum back from body shop jail today.

Before and after

Other side

I'm really digging the nice new shiney clear headlights!

Shop did a great job. Lots of times you can see obvious signs of repair under the hood and from the bottom side......these guys honestly have it looking just like the factory did.

Very pleased. Thanks Buckeye Collision!

That said, there is a tiny hole in the line leading to the coolant overflow tank. After a full-warm up it lightly sprays directly downwards onto the left front catalytic converter. I don't fault the body shop for that, there were only 3 more miles on it so they wouldn't have seen that.

Drives exactly like it did before. Sure feels different to me after driving Ole Beat Red Truck for 4 months, lol. Like climbing into a fighter cockpit for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                                X