No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today AAA sent a rollback which took Red from our driveway to the shop in Georgia. Unit said that was just too easy. Valid AAA card, photo ID, the lady on the AAA phone said ,"Sure you're covered, no copay. Thanks for being a customer!"
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Not to nag, but does Red have a dyno run sheet? How did he do?
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Not to nag, but does Red have a dyno run sheet? How did he do?
        Red ain't been anywhere near the dyno store yet. We've gotta get all of his fuel staying inside of him first.

Comment

• youre gonna be blowin fuel outta the tailpipes at some point(albeit burned...)
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Bet Matt's buddy is doing sweet burnouts now!

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

Red ain't been anywhere near the dyno store yet. We've gotta get all of his fuel staying inside of him first.
              Sorry, I thought he went last Wednesday........
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Comment

• He's baaaaaaaack. Just that quick! Matt's friend called me this afternoon, he was through with him. FIXED. It was all about the lock ring/o-ring, every bit if it. The fuel was leaking all over the top of the tank and then dripping wherever gravity wanted it to. I sent a box of parts - 3 new lock rings with gaskets, one beat up lock ring, two loose gaskets, one new gasket in a package by itself and from the looks of it they tried just about all of them. Only one lock ring and gasket was still in the store package.

He said they tried this and that all kinds of ways and combinations and finally go it to work. He said, "That thing was kind of aggravating." I was thinking, No shit, Sherlock, tell me about it. And he replaced the fuel filter I already had in the box, all for a drop-dead "why didn't I take it there to start with?" price.

Whatta deal. Drove Red the 35 miles back home grinning, and parked him IN THE GARAGE for the first time in a long time. Went out there a little while ago and the garage smells so GOOD. Like a new car that has just been run.

Next stop, dyno. Gotta get that scheduled again, on a day when I can be there to video it. I hope Mister Man can do it one day next week. The week after that, I'll be back in work jail like I have been this week, hard to get Red there and back, nearly impossible to video it myself. We'll see. Somebody is threatening to beat me senseless if I don't video Red on the dyno so I'll be sure to comply if at all possible.

Happy day today, grins.
                  Last edited by pdub; February 23, 2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• That's GREAT news!

But you're wrong on the "beat me senseless" comment. That horse left the barn years ago!

Dan

Comment

• I'd just take you at your word, P-Dub...Honest! your commentary is more entertaining than any video!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        I'd just take you at your word, P-Dub...Honest! your commentary is more entertaining than any video!
                        He's a Song Smith......just needs to put this to music, which will happen by springtime in the Appalachians, I imagine.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Its good to see you've got Red lined out. Cant wait to see a dyno video!
                            CHECK US OUT AT:
                            www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

....just needs to put this to music, which will happen by springtime in the Appalachians, I imagine.
                              We already have that one Ed, it's called "Busted Knuckles." We had no idea when we did it last spring just how pertinent it would become later on....

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                                Drove Red the 35 miles back home grinning, and parked him IN THE GARAGE for the first time in a long time.
                                "PARKED HIM"......IŽd have driven two tank fulls rejoicing after this long saga........

Comment

Working...
                                X