Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Buy a AAA membership with 100 mile towing
    Russell, you're a genius! We already have that! This is where the plot thickens....

Unit's reviewing the paperwork for the policy....it has to be an emergency. So all we have to do is drive Red about a mile and a half to the interstate, get on and go a few hundred yards and pull over in the emergency lane. Flashers on. Red's dripping gas.He REALLY IS dripping gas. Call them, declare an emergency....and say we were trying to get to a shop in Georgia for a tune-up when it started dripping gas....

Unit's looking at the paperwork, all of a sudden she's thinking we don't even have to lie.....this might really be something...
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• According to the AAA policy, "If your vehicle cannot be safely driven.........towed to the location of your choice within 100 miles."

SHAZAAMMMM! Russell, you are the MAN! Yep, that's the way to go alright. WHAT A PLAY! We'da never thought of it, but there it is, in writing.

Comment

• Any time, they will even come pick you up at the race track a take your broke junk home, ask me how I know
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• You don't need to get to the highway, simply have them to it to the shop - fuel leak is plenty to get the tow.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I don't care how they do it on drag week the side of the high way is not a good place to be. Get to the next exit if you can the ramps are better than the sholder, if you can get to a parking lot even better.

If it was up to me ever car would be required to carry a tow rope and front and back tow hooks would be strongly suggested. Get to the next exit and fix it there.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Here in Spain not any Tom, Dick or Pedro can tow a car it has to be
              an official tow truck....

Comment

• Whatever the AAA policy says, the tow truck driver doesn't actually care. Once he verifies your AAA membership and valid plates on the car he can turn it in and get paid. They'll tow the car right out your driveway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                  Once he verifies your AAA membership and valid plates on the car he can turn it in and get paid. They'll tow the car right out your driveway.
                  Yep, but not just valid plates, but they must be current. If the tags are expired, they won't tow it.

Comment

• So we're all good on this deal guys, thanks so much for the always valuable input, everybody here on BS is off the charts great!. Did I ever say I love BangShift? I sure did mean to.

Red's gas tank parts will be here Tuesday, probably get him towed to the shop on Wednesday. Wait...I can't even leave town during Duty Week to go get him back when it's done, I keep forgetting....okay week after next.

We have the track schedule for this year, it just came out. I'm slobbering all over it. Yum yum yum, fun fun fun. We "need" Red finished. And dyno tuned. Patience. The hospitals are full of them. Oooooom......Oooooooommmmmm....mantra. Patience peewee, we've already come a mighty long way, can nearly see the finish line from here.....Ooooooooommmmm.

At least he runs. GOSH does he run. WOW. We've just got to keep all of the fuel inside of him before we can go do what we want to do with him. Oooommmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      Wait a minute....Matt's friend in Georgia. YES. A while away, but that's where Red's going.

Good choice. I was just down there. I did a 3 1/2 day trip up and back to get Pumpkin.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• How's things Matt ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

Yep, but not just valid plates, but they must be current. If the tags are expired, they won't tow it.

lol... no

Remember Orangutruck? its plates were decades out and the driver couldn't have cared less. Heck, he pulled it out of the guy's yard.

Comment

• Just remembered that happened to me in Australia, so you may be correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                              Just remembered that happened to me in Australia, so you may be correct.

I just remembered I've never had an issue in Australia. Because I've never been there.

But in Canada, in a January, those guys wanted me to ride bitch on a snowmobile 80 mph when it was about 10 below zero. That's what they called fun. That's what they live for. They were going to suit me up, all the right apparel. They couldn't believe I wasn't interested. I think I offended them by not being interested, like down here, don't you want to go fishin? When it's 90 degrees. What do you MEAN you don't want to go fishin.....we've got a can full of worms and a whole lot of beer......how could you NOT want to go fishin?

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

I just remembered I've never had an issue in Australia. Because I've never been there.

Comment

Working...
                                X