No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was fun to watch . It reminded me of going from my 245 horse automatic ($2750 vette ) to the current Blue 92 300 horse 6speed manual . It's a whole 'nother animal ! Congrats again and you two have fun . P.S. you guys are cute together .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Red's date to dance on the dyno is next Wednesday. I won't get to see it or video it, we'll have to drop him by after work on Tuesday and pick him up after work on Wednesday. I can't get off of work any next week. The man said it'll take about half a day or all day, depending upon what all it is that depends.

And now the vendor says Red's street wheels should be in stock "in about a week." I love it when a "we didn't have a plan" comes together.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I R proud Of Youall

Comment

• Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
          I R proud Of Youall
          That means the world Vic, thanks so much.

I noticed running at Daytona.....I didn't have time to notice nearly so much at the Ohio Mile, going over about 130 mph Red's hood starts behaving like a sheet of paper with the aero forces going on.

Noticed that only one of the two hood bumpers are there. I wonder if that's causing that hood oscillation? Whatever, Unit found the Ford parts on the net, they're on the way. Maybe secure the hood more better at speed.

From taking it off of the car and playing with it, this only one may be rotated 180 degrees after we put it back on. Wonder if it matters? The hood takes a lot more oomph to close with the bumper turned this way. Dunno, we'll see..
          Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000828.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1145942
          Last edited by pdub; February 14, 2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• You Pdub, we're going to have to talk to you about this section where the pros (lol) go... it's called "Project cars." As DB claims my Denali belongs there; your Mustang should be there in spades. And that's not all kidding, you'd be surprised at how many people go there for reference when they're trying to do a project. Your challenges and such can really help the next poor guy that gets encouraged into putting a blower on a car when their best, past experience was changing brake shoes and a shifter. Seriously, your pain can be helpful.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              your Mustang should be there in spades.
              I dunno. FastEd aside, I haven't seen lots of folks here on BS doing road courses as far as as conversation topic. He's discreet about it, he's got the ride, he doesn't spend as much bandwidth as I do carrying on about it. He just DOES it, and he knows about it. And it's an unusual thing, road courses. It takes a lot of setup to be able to do it even half-assed. And as much hardware as any other kind of performance, but it's a niche market here, at least I think it is.

So, I dunno, if what I've done with the parts is actually interesting a whole lot of folks from a build standpoint, like something they'd like to do themselves for all of the same reasons. I don't see it, but it's still hotrodding. And I don't think very many people with my lack of experience would ever try to put a blower on. Maybe THAT would be the audience, maybe. Limited at best. I've got some advice: Don't even try it.

Comment

• I'll move this thread to the projects board once it's got a Dyno tune .. again, no video is an offense, so somebody better start working with the tuner if they can't get off work to do it themselves. Just sayin' .. again !

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                  I'll move this thread to the projects board once it's got a Dyno tune .. again, no video is an offense, so somebody better start working with the tuner if they can't get off work to do it themselves. Just sayin' .. again !
                  You've got time to get here before next Wednesday Steve. I'll be about 8 miles away at work. Can't film it. But he's promised me a printout from the dyno results. I'm afraid a printout is all we'll get to share. Seriously. I hate it.

Unless somebody else wants to run the camera. Road trip anyone to the dyno store anyone?

And I do agree this whole long thread should be moved to Projects, as bad as I hate to admit it.

Comment

• cant you just imagine the size and # of views if ALL of Reds trials and tribulations were in one thread??
                    black wheel/silver wheels
                    brake cooling ducts
                    ohio mile
                    road course GALORE
                    caliper blow outs

lions
                    tigers
                    and BLOWERS, OH MY!!!!

Charles

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post

lions
                      tigers
                      and BLOWERS, OH MY!!!!

Holy crap, I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. I thought I was, I'm tired. Real tired, yawning. But NO, I won't be able to go to sleep. Thanks a lot monkey!

Comment

• Set up your Go-Pro and tell th tuner to hit record!

Comment

• Drop Sue off with the car .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                            Drop Sue off with the car .

watching tuning is boring with a capital BOR - start car, run, turn off car, tap on computer, go answer customer's question while it cools, repeat. Watching the final run is cool, but simply saying you want to watch the last run is easy enough to do because you simply leave it strapped to the dyno and re-run it when the customer arrives.
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 15, 2017, 06:32 AM.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Yep, we only need to see the final pull .. a one-minute video is about all that's necessary.

Comment

• I do hope Sue can slide by there given that you can't. We'll love you either way but it would be cool to see Red doing his stuff.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X