North American Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishing them the best of luck.

I've spent enough time staring at the shape of that thing (and imagining the suspension), pondering how it's going to be acting w/ the ground at trans/supersonic, to say I wouldn't trust it...not with my life anyhow. Let somebody who's more of an adventurer (or adventuress, or smarter and better-looking) than I do the driving. Prove me wrong, please!

Comment

this is really cool.... real-time telemetry for Jesse's attempt.
      Access your MyCVSHR Login account to manage your CVS benefits, employee payroll, work schedules, and more. Login to myhr.cvs.com now.

she's supposed to run at 11 am PDT
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        this is really cool.... real-time telemetry for Jesse's attempt.
        Access your MyCVSHR Login account to manage your CVS benefits, employee payroll, work schedules, and more. Login to myhr.cvs.com now.

she's supposed to run at 11 am PDT
        So what happened? What happened? Did they run?
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

there is radio silence

Comment

Not much happened, just a plane crash... no big deal, parts were delivered.
            The day started with flat tire on the 32 mile unpaved road into the Alvord Desert to meet up with the NAE. Once arriving late we encountered some sad news regarding the daring night plane flight carrying parts to the NAE…the plane had crashed in the darkness and had mistaken a cattle truck as the marker for the makeshift runway. Fortunately, the pilot was unharmed, but the plane was destroyed. During the hectic rescue attempt in complete dark, the pilot was miraculously located and his first words were “I got your parts.”
            We were informed that the hydraulics had been altered to a previous state, ca 2013, and that Ed Shadle was going to attempt a late afternoon shakedown run. Fingers cross the NAE prepared to make the critical test run.
            The run was a complete success with Ed Shadle reaching an official 362 mph. Our real-time telemetry and user message interaction also worked flawlessly with the apps. Users could taste the thrill the NAE’s speed quickly accelerated from 150 mph to over 350 mph.

Comment

Thanks for the post SBG. Road narrows, plot thickens.

EDIT: And thanks again SBG for giving us the heads up on this whole deal. Way over here at least, we had no idea all of that was going on.
              Last edited by pdub; September 29, 2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Cattle trucks were hit.... bbq tonight?

Comment

Cattle trucks were hit.... bbq tonight?
                  I wasn't gonna go there, but how does a cattle truck get mistaken to be a runway marker (even in the dark), and even if it was a marker, how did the pilot manage to hit it? But we weren't there so there it is.

Comment

Probably the side markers were the arrows pointing to the "runway" lit by the headlights...
                    Dunno.. I'm no pilot.. Musta been desperate to make extra bucks delivering the parts, plane be dmned?

Comment

Update is in order - they had a minor crash today. No one was hurt, but the steering issues pretty much put an end to the record attempts this week.

Comment

Update is in order - they had a minor crash today. No one was hurt, but the steering issues pretty much put an end to the record attempts this week.
                        Thanks so much SBG, was waiting with bated breath on pointy nails to know what happened!

I'm not sure how you crash "minor" If you're going hundreds of miles per hour, but the steering issues seem to be a recurrent theme. Sure glad nobody was hurt.

Comment

Jesse was driving, apparently she aimed for the wrong gap. I'm not going there, I made a joke about bbq last night and everyone was atwitter.

Comment

Jesse was driving, apparently she aimed for the wrong gap. I'm not going there, I made a joke about bbq last night and everyone was atwitter.
                            Since you didn't go there, is it steering or aiming? Steering means the thing doesn't steer correctly, which could cause slight issues at 9 thousand miles per hour, just sayin.
                            Last edited by pdub; September 30, 2016, 04:27 PM.

Comment

woman driver....

sueunit in 3....2.....1......

Comment

woman driver....

sueunit in 3....2.....1......
                                She's washing her hands in the sink. It'll take a bit longer than 3 2 1....HAHAHAHHHAH!!!!!!

EDIT: Now, she's hitting the original links, she's gonna soak up the whole story, watching the first video. This'll take a while. She's as enthralled as I was at first glance, she'll chime in for sure sometime around midnight our time.

But bear in mind, she goes 31 mph in a 45 but she sure loves riding along on a race track.
                                Last edited by pdub; September 30, 2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X