North American Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North American Eagle

They're supposed to run for the record next week. Jessi Combs is one of the drivers.... way cool stuff
    The Fastest Woman On Earth: Now on HBO

Video story

Doing it all wrong since 1966

763 mph.
    no problem.

my subaru does 76.3 all the time.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

GYAH, what a super great story! Thanks so much for posting that up SBG. Wow!
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Take it back from the Brits !!!

Comment

Impressive, and it looks like it's being done on a pretty tight budget (at least by supersonic car standards).

Comment

Take a plane and take the wings off for the win !
            Last edited by Dan Barlow; September 27, 2016, 05:06 AM.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

A much more experienced LSR builder than I thinks this is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't recall the exact concerns but basically he thinks that taking areo meant to work in 3 dimensions and expecting them to work in 2 dimensions is probably not going to work out and will get worse the faster you go. Personally, I'm pullin' for them but I respect the guy who expressed concern.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Personally, I'm pullin' for them

Dan
                Meeeeeee too, that's just too great of a story. And they went to great lengths to explain why they are taking it in steps, I guess for all of those reasons unknown they'll find out on the next step...not all of the speed at once. Sure hope nobody gets hurt, based on your experienced LSR builder's concerns. But none of it is "safe," it never is, like space flight.

I clicked on everything they had on the links SBG posted. The REAL story aside, I loved the stories about the age differences on the volunteer team, the story where the guy overheard young folks talking about earning licenses to pilot a plane, so he stepped into the conversation only to find out they were "flying" on a computer instead of in real real air. That says it all right there, the difference between the generations.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  A much more experienced LSR builder than I thinks this is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't recall the exact concerns but basically he thinks that taking areo meant to work in 3 dimensions and expecting them to work in 2 dimensions is probably not going to work out and will get worse the faster you go. Personally, I'm pullin' for them but I respect the guy who expressed concern.

Dan

They've already gone 300 and change - at this point, I think the testing is done and the bitterness that is LSR is what happens next. Sure they could blow it up, but they are anything but know-nothing-yahoos. I guess to me the nameless cynics are simply jealous and look just like the trolls on Pirate that said my FJ40 wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

They've already gone 300 and change - at this point, I think the testing is done and the bitterness that is LSR is what happens next. Sure they could blow it up, but they are anything but know-nothing-yahoos. I guess to me the nameless cynics are simply jealous and look just like the trolls on Pirate that said my FJ40 wouldn't work.
                    I wouldn't have gone with "nameless cynics," but I agree that these guys on the NAE Team have had 20 years to think and cipher about it. If they're wrong, we'll see. From the story backline, nothing scientific in my line of thought, I think all the work has gone into it. A wing and a prayer. Or no wings and a prayer. I'd love to hear it all worked out. That's what I hope for and I would love to hear, that would just be too cool.

Comment

Okay, I'm sittin here getting all worked up and overthought about this.....I've done some things in my life that I consider to be accomplishments. And by that I mean, I achieved more that I should have. Here's where the disagreement starts - is the definition of an accomplishment when you overachieved, or is it when everybody else recognizes it as being significant?

The jet car team.....now, that by itself is amazing, how long it's taken. If they come short of the ultimate goal, by equipment failure or heaven forbid by disaster, have they accomplished anything? Absolutely. They built a family, that team. Sometimes the goal clouds what is called to be a "success, or a failure." It's been no failure already.
                      Last edited by pdub; September 27, 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Pdub, the "nameless person" SBG refeers to came from Dan Stokes... #7 post, above..

I think it is great they are trying.
                        Would love to see AMERICANS hold it and wrest it back from those crumpet eating Brits..

LSR seems to be a class in it's own.. I do not know enough about nor anybody else that does it besides Dan Stokes..
                        Would I like to "try". Hell yes.. Will I, very doubtful.. Will I put down those who do it however they do it? Hell no!
                        All motorsports needs help..

Comment

Let me guess the nameless person is Keith Turk..

Comment

360 mph today they resolved steering issues, tomorrow they're going for 2 records.... .I'm guessing it will be fastest woman (more then 561) and a record run
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 28, 2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              360 mph today they resolved steering issues, tomorrow they're going for 2 records.... .I'm guessing it will be fastest woman (more then 561) and a record run
                              Cool! Post results.. Please... getting ready for Sat night at Yakima....

Comment

Working...
                              X