Comment

I was curious as to who had some frost.
      silverbuick looking extra silver

Click image for larger version

Name:	frost1.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1124708

I love the cold.. unless the car makes it worse.
      my subaru is terrible.

the truck, on the other hand, incredible. I have turned the blower down to low while below zero.. just needed 20 miles or so.
      I know those doors are 220 pounds then.

I started the subaru today, 35F this morning. Sounded like the end of the world for the first minute. Crackles of very fresh stainless 304 header. Brand new.
      I'd be fighting with that all winter. I take that back..the dual port has some kinda normalcy. Just simply takes awhile, more than I'd like. Open gas dump to gain some carbon.

my neighbor, he's 75. A modern little car, he admits he has had enough. I am 30 years younger and had enough 25 years ago.
      keep warm and cool..the vehicle has to do it all.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        Global warming ,they've pretty much failed proving that . Now we are redefining that to climate change . Im tired of hearing these panty waists cry the sky is falling . Things run in cycles . We didn't always have polar ice caps . I'm all for change. Well as it's longer duration of warm . I hate cold. It's painful and it is coming to quick . ( Even as I sit here in Indy on a 86° partly cloudy day ) . I'd take 90 this year just like this one .😎
        "Climate Change" is easier to say than "Climate change as a result of global warming"

I can totally believe it is happening, but you're right. "They" do love to spread their FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt).

Blame the cars, blame the cows, don't mention that your average volcano erruption probably trumps every man made contribution ever in one single event. It'll do it with or without us. lol.

Today would be a good day to play hooky.

Click image for larger version

Name:	weather.png
Views:	20
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	1124764
        Last edited by Beagle; September 26, 2016, 04:12 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          Global warming ,they've pretty much failed proving that . Now we are redefining that to climate change . Im tired of hearing these panty waists cry the sky is falling . Things run in cycles . We didn't always have polar ice caps . I'm all for change. Well as it's longer duration of warm . I hate cold. It's painful and it is coming to quick . ( Even as I sit here in Indy on a 86° partly cloudy day ) . I'd take 90 this year just like this one .😎
          Do I believe the climate is changing, yeah but it's always been changing and it always will. The big problem I have taking some of these people seriously is that they are being very creative with the facts. NOAA says January of 2015 was the warmest on record. What wasn't told was the actual temperature recorded was well with in their margin of error. It had a 58% change of being cooler and a 38% chance of being the warmest. And if so warmer only infinitesimally warmer. So, yeah being creative with the facts by their standards, yes. Also what is not told is that the actual temperature recorded on ocean buoys has not changed in 15 years but has been "corrected" upwards to match other readings. Oh and lets not forget that the history of world temperatures has been "corrected" about a dozen times in the last couple years. What about the actual landscape? With all the deforestation, building cities and so on, what effect does that have?
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I can write pages on it but the abbreviated version is, we are only 10,000-12,000 years out of an ice age, aka natural warming, CO2 is naturally degassed from ocean water with increased temperature, and conversely reabsorbed when temperatures drop (so is CO2 causative or correlative?), we are putting CO2 into the atmosphere at many many many many times any kind of natural rate, including volcanic eruptions of the largest kind, CO2 in the atmosphere has been significantly higher than it is today, or projected in the next few hundred years (I refer back to the CO2/ocean relationship), and lastly, you can pick between cooling and warming, and believe me warming is the one you want. Just a slight bit of cooling will cause massive crop failures, at a time when the population has never been higher. Warming, over decades, shifts growing areas around and have to move some coastal real estate around, but certainly wouldn't kill folks on the massive scale as global crop failures. To pile on the cooling, how does one stop a mile thick glacier from leveling all of Canada, a good chunk of the US and Europe? The answer is you can't. Staying the same isn't an option. Slowing warming is a nice idea, proof CO2 is a LARGE factor is still full of holes compared to other known climate factors, and worse many unknown factors.

At the end of the day, I'm calling it Terra-Forming Ely to a nicer climate. Either my car just got back from the future or it's cold out this morning.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post

Do I believe the climate is changing, yeah but it's always been changing and it always will. The big problem I have taking some of these people seriously is that they are being very creative with the facts. NOAA says January of 2015 was the warmest on record. What wasn't told was the actual temperature recorded was well with in their margin of error. It had a 58% change of being cooler and a 38% chance of being the warmest. And if so warmer only infinitesimally warmer. So, yeah being creative with the facts by their standards, yes. Also what is not told is that the actual temperature recorded on ocean buoys has not changed in 15 years but has been "corrected" upwards to match other readings. Oh and lets not forget that the history of world temperatures has been "corrected" about a dozen times in the last couple years. What about the actual landscape? With all the deforestation, building cities and so on, what effect does that have?

Jim Hansen, the guy that headed the NOAA for a decade or so, coined the term "Global Warming" in the 80's. Which has since been dialed back to "Climate Change". I've read multiple climate model reports the NOAA has published and at the end of the day something like 40% of the variables inputed into the model are not necessarily based in fact, but based on tweaked data by the "scientist". AKA, "The output didn't show what we wanted so I 'feel' this variable should be X instead of Y because we don't understand the data we are getting." Garbage in, garbage out. The "Urbanization Heat Sink" effect, last I checked, had not been properly accounted for in their data sets either. Why is Las Vegas a bazillion degree's day and night, yet 20 miles outside of Vegas it still gets quite cool at night? I read one report in Los Angeles that a weather station had a 20ºF uptick in average temperature when it went from sitting in a field to having an asphalt parking lot constructed around it.

NASA removed all the raw data from their website last time I went looking for it and NOAA removed all data older than five or six years. I went looking for the NOAA data last winter after they reported we were breaking records in snow and precipitation, which was BS. I eventually found the data again on a separate site, showing we had higher precipitation/snow levels in 2004, 2005, 2010, and a few times in each preceding decade. But you wouldn't know that looking at their website anymore!! I not longer trust data from NOAA or any Earth observations from NASA because I'm convinced it's politically skewed.

Comment

Randal, how much did the volcano that used to be on the island of Theira, now Santorino, change the climate, and for how long, when it blew itself and half the island all over the Mediterranean?
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I don't know about that one specifically, but volcanic winters, aka years without summers are a known source of famines. An easy gleam into what global cooling could look like.

Comment

Indy weather report - it was 49° this morning . Had the heater on all the way to work .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I've had the heater on coming home 8-10 pm several times last week then 2 days had the window open..
                      Just normal fall around here..

Comment

Here's the funniest thing about climate change. If the weather went back to what it was in the early 1000s, most of the world's population would starve to death. The places we're farming (think upper US, Canada, Russian steppes) was under ice most of the year until the 1600s. Global warming, in the long term, has made it possible for this planet to support 7 billion people. If we managed to reverse it, that would starve huge parts of the world - fortunately, they'd only suffer starving a few years until the world devolved into a world war that ended life as we know it.

My opinion is we have no idea what we're doing, that we watch the changes but are no closer to solving why things work as they do then people were 5000 years ago. Remember the collider in France/Switzerland - it was promised it'd unlock the keys to the universe.... umm, newsflash, it simply showed we know as little about how things work then what we did before. Is Greenland thawing? sure - time to buy land north of the 38th parallel and get ready to farm it; because even if they stopped all warming exercises, there's no guarantee it'd stop the alleged problem.

Quite frankly I like this warming, it means Californians cook and we get sunshine. It's 70 degrees today, sunny with a nice, light breeze. Global warming is cool!
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                        X