Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rod Garage Ep. 42 - Crusher Camaro Gets a 427ci Supercharged LS Swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Garage Ep. 42 - Crusher Camaro Gets a 427ci Supercharged LS Swap!

Should go to velcro for motor and tranny mounts......make the next swaps easier....

Won't let me log in.
    I am cancelling this motortrend stuff..

leave their puny internet for the clan they narrowed down to.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

5 episodes of bolting in an LS? the junkyard LS motor with turbo (2 episodes), Lucky's Chevelle, the 57 (which isn't done yet) and now the crusher Camaro.... of those, the first Camaro was cool because it was cheap tech - this? I like HR Garage, but maybe it's time to move on to something blue oval (yeah, I said it) or even something less traditional like a caddy, buick, mercury, pontiac, etc.... at least it's not yet another Mopar commercial.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

heh...at least they come out and say right in the first few seconds, that it's a re run.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Watched the beginning several times......never heard them say re run.....

Comment

well...I fibbed...but the intro being done twice with two different cars, yeah, it looks like they know they're repeating themselves!
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              I like HR Garage, but maybe it's time to move on to something blue oval (yeah, I said it) or even something less traditional like a caddy, buick, mercury, pontiac, etc....
              Fryburger hates Pontiac so that won't happen, but I agree with you about something different.

Comment

Freiburger can kiss my hair white toothbrush.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Why don't you guys watch these vids with the sound OFF and see how interesting they really are...

Comment

What's with the fuel dump at launch?
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      What's with the fuel dump at launch?
                      my 74 chevelle did that the same, a lot of years did.
                      the cough and that dump, it reminds of a simple 300 hp n/a on a thm 250 gripping so hard tranny fluid could catch on fire as a four door pops a wheelie.

I was impressed with the 150F air temp on a 135 F track.
                      if they could compare something older to this on that day... we'd know why it is yet another ls swap...for the alloy.

and that auto tranny sucks ass.

The aluminum LS is good for wherever they are breaking heat records... but a lemon for the most part.

great show anyway.
                      I hope they get the supercharger to actually engage into a thing called gears...
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 1, 2016, 09:22 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I glossed over this earlier, thinking it was roadkill because of crusher camaro? HRG is cool but still to much yellow chevy action.

Comment

Working...
                        X