No announcement yet.

Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have got to learn to slow down. The mistakes I keep making are stupid ones. Problem is, I get bored with the review problems and try to rush through them so I can keep my attention focused on it.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      Wife learned today that her 2014 103CID Harley Davidson Deluxe is no match for my 25 year old beater Yamaha....LOL....She didn't believe me..So I had to show her.......She about shit herself when the old girl pulled the front tire for a good 50 feet...From a roll I would let her pull on me a little and then with a blip of my throttle I would walk away from her...I love my bike.
      Sounds like you might have a problem if you want one of these t-shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        Wife learned today that her 2014 103CID Harley Davidson Deluxe is no match for my 25 year old beater Yamaha....LOL....She didn't believe me..So I had to show her.......She about shit herself when the old girl pulled the front tire for a good 50 feet...From a roll I would let her pull on me a little and then with a blip of my throttle I would walk away from her...I love my bike.
        I regularly beat Harleys on my 850 Yamaha triple.. Untill anout 115 or so then they beat me.

Comment

• Gotta find another job, these less than 30 hour weeks are killing me.
          Last edited by Pumpkin; October 20, 2014, 04:01 PM.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• I know this goes against the Halloween spirit but it's time to start plotting my next screen name. It's all about staying ahead of the game.

Comment

• Wow.... is today really the 21st? That's natural born winning instincts right there buddy.

Comment

• If anyone is wondering who buddy is that's my dog, we can communicate on a different level.

Comment

• big 1 million btu furnace out in the driveway of this 25 unit building. Carbon on the heat wrap insulation...in lines. Damn. I knew it.

I had questioned the kiln holding exhaust, from the first days here in july... my room has some evidence, radiological travellers...and if there is burnt carbon with 3 square miles of me, I am going to wear it.

aside from my supernatural military tour, I was so glad to see that out in the driveway.
                  I hope this young building gets a bigger better one, natural draft.

a furnace man is a lot like a crew chief on those old jets:

I've been a boiler Engineer since 1975.
                  I've worked on and operated all kinds of boilers, from high pressure to low pressure.
                  I've seen safety valves that would not lift when they were suppose to.
                  I've seen low water safety valves stuck, boiler still running, and no water inside.
                  I've had high pressure tubes in a water tube boiler firebox blow and rip apart.
                  I've had the end of a waterwall drum blow. ( We let it gush water for 2 days while trying to cool the boiler down.)
                  But by far, what is the most dangerous, and still happens way too much, is somebody bypassing the purge cycle for the firebox.
                  Most all of your explosions today are caused by this.
                  There is a reason most boilerrooms are built away from the main buildings.
                  If the boiler blows up, only the engineers will be killed.
                  I am not sure how these financed by rural development houses work.. I guess each new renter drops interest on the big loan.
                  Me here makes a full house, and that game of paying a percentage is rather high.. I have good work time, earned pensions.
                  I will assume it was me that allowed them to get a new one...that pennies and nickels line drawn.

I love the idea of these buildings... there will be many more in years to come.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 21, 2014, 04:29 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• 2nd random thought..

last names video:

in the comments, I derived what I knew about my own, and its not written.
                    russian used fathers first names as sons middle names.
                    Sweden identified by military.

My other know without formal lessons, my first and last name together meant warrior leader.. dark hair and eyes.

Sometimes I'd rather smith as a name. Another derivative of my surname was "King."..that is where to find the "anastasias" (no loss to imagination, they worshipped it) further proving a realm of russian influence.

none of this is written.
                    the internet is awesome.

the funniest of all, removing the "an" of my name sounds like the last modern naming realm by russia, yet.. it goes much farther back into gaelic. No link to Russia ever written. The "an" which I thought was england, was actually dutch or other scandinavian.

..and when the men in my name met dutch, that was many sons every time. Must be a big love there...

I chuckle, as I was quite sure the real trail to ancient for me was russian.. I had a near death experience, that is where this began. Not a wimpy version of near death.. I was a real goner to death.

I hope I never meet the goddess woman that was there.

The "O" for irish is sweden for "island"...and my only insulting find...there is no such thing as irish...nor english for that matter. Every history change is someone storming from a bigger land.

interesting stuff..
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 21, 2014, 08:36 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• I will now limit myself to one post per day max on the internet is a hole. I must get back to where I belong, TV land.

Comment

• I write down a number, then go back and look at it, and I've actually written down a letter. <sigh> So freakin scatter brained it aint funny. Don't even get me started about adding 2 numbers and putting something wildly different from the actual answer down.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

• nothing wrong with a little 2+2=Rhinoceros every now and then. Probably just the subconscious crying out to be freed... maybe more sleep is in order?

I got laughed at the other morning for saying "Bingo card, skittles, ketchup" a little groggy and answering what's for breakfast.
                          Last edited by Beagle; October 22, 2014, 03:17 AM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I went on a date last night with a girl who thinks my AMX looks like an 80s Honda Accord. That's the second time I've gotten that comment.

Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

• If you went on a date with a girl who can actually identify an early 80's Accord, consider it a win.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                                I went on a date last night with a girl who thinks my AMX looks like an 80s Honda Accord. That's the second time I've gotten that comment.

I never realized it before, but it kinda does!
                                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X