Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
    I know it's been a while since I've been on, work and the Jeep keep me relatively busy, but I hope you don't mind me stopping by and asking for a little help. I just walked in on the woman I'm in love with kissing somebody else, I could really use some thoughts right now. I'm just glad I didn't walk in on anything more than that.
    Just because you didn't see more doesn't mean more hasn't already happened.

IMO, cut your losses now and move on, your heart will thank you in the long run. If she's been messing around behind your back now, she'll never stop later. The leopard cannot change its spots.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Eagle, sorry to hear about this. The others are right in this. The relationship is already over. Move on with your life. If she is doing this now, when you are stationed on land, what do you think will happen when you are on a sub or ship for months?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• If it was anything more than a friendly kiss to a relative or longtime friend, get rid of her. Then go get drunk with some friends.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

• That sucks man, maybe you can talk it out with her.

On my front, new neighbors are causing an issue with us and my other neighbors with the construction they are doing. These idiots tried to burn out the old wooden rail road ties that made up a retaining wall the old neighbor had put up.

The new wall just installed are just cinder blocks and are already look like they are bowing out. That and the fact I'm grumpy as hell right now cause they are starting machines up at 7 in the morning is not neighbor-like at all and the other neighbors brand new vinyl fence has black soot on it from the burning.

Wait till 8 o clock to start stuff up and let it idle.
          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a form of encephalopathy that is a progressive degenerative disease, which can currently only be definitively diagnosed postmortem, in individuals with a history of multiple concussions and other forms of head injuryChronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a form of encephalopathy that is a progressive degenerative disease, which can currently only be definitively diagnosed postmortem, in individuals with a history of multiple concussions and other forms of head injury

I was reading of a u-maine football player that went berzerk, killed his girlfirend and himself. after gong NFL, big time career in front of him. Post mortem found the above.
            I have been studying this lately, as veterans, infantry and ground workers, aviation...many others.
            I finally found one story where the vet was even homeless, and a psychiatrist searching for psychology in stead of physical. I am exactly that case and example.

For me and finding a problem modern day would be easy, they are already finding it with special machines.
            I launched at least several hundred planes..beyond memory, could be in the thousands. on the flight line for low level passes, wide open throttles, after burners, compression stalls, and was there when a c5 engine exploded in 1991. I have even felt the oddity of a p51 prop spooling up. A dramatic one I remember is the old APU sounding off like a giant semi automatic shotgun. That was so loud it could be heard in square miles...we worked just feet from them. Maine cold added a huge amplify.

I know to keep talking..as a number one exit for such an illness is suicide...and it isn't over depression as much as pain. A wrong frequency is a trigger.

in 2013 shinseki announced a new approach to the brian within the VA categorized as TBI (traumatic brain injury). New ways to find it without being dead in autopsy..modern machines. As if I have not been right on the edge of new things for a long time, I will most likely be an example in the Veterans realm as well...but we know how gov't goes sometimes. the obvious can get looked over easy. Getting old myself, patience is much deeper to handle anything that happens next...I hope others stay that way too.

I also learned within that VA process, everyone likes a veteran to stay proud, the tour is not regrets.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 29, 2014, 09:17 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• driving blind

worth a watch, if I had $4.99

do stuff ahead to avoid regrets... like watch movies when you have money...and before the homeless veteran tales.

My dad painfully stabs at me like he is a survivor of an lsd experiment with a delusion of his number one son taking over his 40 years of trucking, with 30 years of skills in place by the age of 41.
              that is me and math in that sentence.

he used to hop out of the seat laughing.."someone better take over."
              I was 14 behind the wheel of the manual steering 1981 cabover, flying up the highway, gently taking over the throttle...to the floor of course. Never enough power...EVER. It was all hard to press. The engine started lugging to the 1% grade.. I waited and waited until 1500 rpm, rivets and coins vibrating..... pressed real hard on the mechanical clutch that sent shutters of how many miles were on the bearings thumping to 80000 pounds. A quick rev and a double clutch with my left foot...another gear...back to the floor the throttle goes.

My left foot was shattered to pieces less than 10 years after that... I did get to drive the tough guys rig before then.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• All hail the return of the King!
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                  I know it's been a while since I've been on, work and the Jeep keep me relatively busy, but I hope you don't mind me stopping by and asking for a little help. I just walked in on the woman I'm in love with kissing somebody else, I could really use some thoughts right now. I'm just glad I didn't walk in on anything more than that.

Been around the proverbial block more than once in my time in the military...I've seen this more often than I care to remeber...Young guys getting caught up with a girl who turns out to be something other thaqn what they expected...Hind sight is 20/20....you got a long, long career ahead of you....Cut her loose and find someone who appreciates you for who you are...you'll find her someday....in the mean time learn to embrace being alone...it aint so bad.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Good advice Joe
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• I was looking for more air force stuff, and their training and education realm is one that steps up for public veterans stories.

I finally remembered the significance of the basic training, october 1992.

for 45 years or so, they had a numbering scheme with a four digit squadron, then a 3 digit number for a flight.
                      "3711" was famed for historic reasons way beyond me, that is thousands and thousands of airmen for 40+ years.
                      As luck would have it, we were not only the very last flight in 3711s 40 years.. our number got changed to "the nothing"..we had no number for a short time. I remember the instructors, in very rare laughter. Quite significant to some of them who had been there a long time.

the motto became "zeroes to heroes", and the new 3 digit squadron, with a flight number, after finally getting one.. flight #11, in honor of the old 3711.
                      it only got more bizarre, as long tech school training turned into 171 days of marching, due to the first bombing of the towers in 1993.

I was the guide in the honor flight photo, with honor flight and number 11 being close together. The terror flight of 11 on 911 is a witchy omen to go with it 8 years later...as the terror crew waltzed right through my town to go through with their plans.

institutionalization, being snapped that fast has alot of spiritual hell flying.

Evolutionary I am, I pay attention. Anyway, the UPS truck just pulled in, and its a v8 with a robust exhaust note. Never heard one before from the big brown box truck. Usually that 300 ford 6 sound.

Not every man or machine can stay the same if to get hurled into the wild.... and sometimes never recognized as a result. Heroes are the label given to be witnessed only. Truth goes much deeper than what we see before us...
                      I have come to terms with being the man in the wild. The bear that pooped in the forest for no one to see.

Given the formal rules following the VA.. I exceed every one of the "if" "and" and "ors" for qualification. No wonder for patience to be challenged for a long time. A real disabled in a state forbes ranked 50.. with a formal military path that literally shook chuck yeagers hand in contrast, in silence. The onset of lone wolf terrorists in the mix, I was a crew chief that needed a gun...just to go home.

in a double locked building today, federal standards. I still get info from invisible intuition.. alert for a very long time. The master key to get into the building, every tenant has one.. I nonchalantly checked my apartment door with the master key, and it opened. This means every tenant that has access to the building can walk right into my room.

That is how bad security gets...good intentions, and too many keys the same.

I will indeed be the one aprtment in the long hall with a different looking door handle..as I changed the whole handle and lock at my expense.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 30, 2014, 01:48 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main

Comment

• you know your medical history is vile when they don't let you see your own op records.
                        I guess I was dead for a time.

Getting dates correct, I went 20 months with a metal plate in the bone.. working overtime with airplanes. Then 8 years after disabled, finally removed.
                        I proved to be genetically nordic.. nothing died in the limbs, my nature shrinks them.

I was off by a year, with the dates in my own mind, coincides with the coma I stayed in from jan 97 to 98.
                        I was awake, but not there...more than a year. Incredible pain. The pain was so deep, I was primitively trying to reduce the air I breathed while sleeping. Grandma would pull a blanket off my face, or a pillow. Did not know I was doing that. That means without psychosis, by nature...humans go to sleep if lines are crossed.

I also learned I got taken to jail for safety.. I leaped right up gasping for air one day...a surge of memory more than a year later... Was in jail an hour later.
                        I did have an over excitable "ethnic minority" grandma, that did not help. I'd say rest in peace, but that's a lie.

You know tough is tough when everyone else loses their mind around you...pro life threads challenged and the little child mentaility built in that keeps it going. God forbid there be a cut with blood coming out.

meanwhile in the news, a girl from one town over graduates basic training with honors. A deep breath on my behalf is seeing she has immediate relatives in other states congratulating her.

Fly little one, fly away... land elsewhere and break the landing gear.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 1, 2014, 10:37 AM.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• strong woman:

feeling beaten by the man, scaring children, travelling the world..

just like being an air force crew chief. I can't look in the mirror for more than 30 seconds either.
                          At least she does not set off the metal detectors in federal buildings.

courageous woman, glad that operation worked. A lot of confidence in the grafting, I have bone and skin.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I'm getting the feeling someone on Craigslist might be out to kill me http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4692674652.html

Comment

• Keep on adding more "jobs" to my current position AND be sure that you dont give me someone to train to help...I don't mind...the more the better...that way...when I decide to give you 6 months notice on my retirment you will be totaly screwed....and I will sit back and laugh...keep it coming, I got it!
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• my head snapping disabled vet saga continues..

Checking at least 10 times a day at "ebenefits "(don't laugh, I found at a vet forum that is very common), especially when the reward known before hand is "substantial"

the mental approach is "case closed"., written way down at the bottom of the page, that was 15 years old. the doctor was so hacked, the records were not considered. I could dwell on the what if 15 years ago, this went correct drama, but that just snaps more heads. Today, that is more than a deep breath, its like a shot of calming fluid into my brain... and now for a pun.. just getting my foot in the door is the approach this time.

The other physical stuff analyzed, like my head physically, that I was begging for should happen now. If not, the lingering terrorist still has teeth someplace they should not be.

Given the horror tales of the kc135 and long term mechanics.. or even short term. Not sure how in hell there would be any questions to negate truth.

I also found, if to go into a federal program for housing, they do a real credit history...instantly shews away ghostly ghoblins and zombies... or maybe magnetic hard drive stuck in 1999 is more realistic. I now have a credit rating dishing out credit. simply grabbed at an internet shopping site first, for a credit line. Very common thing to do..

Thinking ahead already, my list of places I wanted to move to, to gain the feeling of starting over... but that is not me to forget, I'll talk of maine forever.

The mills demise in the news:
                                http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/0...e-paper-mills/

of course its the "digital shift", on abright note, this shift demanded security, and now people like me on pensions can feed it with records worked over computers back and forth.

lets talk billions of dollars and empty stomachs..
                                Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 2, 2014, 05:56 PM.
                                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                                X