Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    Pushing 3700 pound car by yourself is not an easy task.
    Could be worse...

Next time you'll remember your trunk monkey

Comment

• or maybe just stay home all together...

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
        Local hardware store closed, family owned for over 70 years....

But I did get some cool stuff- including a set of new, never out of the box 1967 GE walkie-talkies. Not sure if Im going to toss them on Ebay or keep them.
        That sucks. the one I used to go to, around many years just shut down last year. I even found a metric bolt that matched a subarus draglink. Must be more than a coincidence. That is when those stores were heros, they would even conform to a common problem on a car sold in the area...stock stuff like the strange bolts.

I did find another one.. I hope it never shuts down. Literally family owned, stocking up on things for years. common oddities that become a nuisance to find.

in other random..

I found someone declared a sun systems machine at 3737 days, and without a service running for its last year.. a world record.

I have 60000 hours climbing on soon, with a 99 point something% uptime (2500 days or 6.84 years).

I said I was going to do this, back in 1998 with skills I earned the hard way...seems strange it is happening. I built the whole damn thing. I blamed power supplies back then, won't mention again what I did to my own.

will be 7 years running, very busy every day. Still even make videos from mpeg2, my only camera.

another "weird" thing I did.. reverse duct cooling with stainless steel mirror from a tractor trailer, the round one..and made my own fan. That is a bushing and bearings at the same time.
        130w CPU...
        No. 2 hottest ever invented.

Another thing I said ...

people are stupid.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 16, 2014, 10:41 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Check out that plate

It's my MF'n address....Does it get any better!
          Last edited by Casper; April 17, 2014, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• watching jay lenos vid on the doble steam memorabilia. I spotted in the comments an idea to make a modern one, todays reality..a steam engine.
            As something I noticed with all engines.. I left this comment:
            ~~
            that is amazing history. The machine is not the blame for the ending, it was economy and wars.. the 3 main bearing boxer is almost as peculiar in disappearing acts in history. I did notice, the sense of balance or self cancel on the actual piston mechanism is not on any steam engine...not even on the doble. I like the idea in the comments of a future modern one, maybe alternate a boxer type lo and high pressure, self cancel, half the pressure needed to go twice as far...or more. This stuff of Jay Leno always gets my daydreams going. Sometimes the engineers are not the unbalance for a companies ending.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I love carburetor issues...

Chevelles being bitchy- I think its al mucked up, and the PO just kinda got it 'runnable' and left it at that. runs rich as hell, and cant go WOT without rolling into it or else it stumbles and derps about.
              Local person
              sigpic

Comment

• Big day tomorrow. I have a Cisco Recertification test. Wish me luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Admirall2 View Post
                  Big day tomorrow. I have a Cisco Recertification test. Wish me luck.
                  Good Luck!
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Admirall2 View Post
                    Big day tomorrow. I have a Cisco Recertification test. Wish me luck.
                    LUCK! ..(didn't ask for good!;) but I'll add it..GOOD LUCK!)

Comment

• I bought a set of G8 GXP axleback mufflers for my wife's G8 GT a few weeks back. They're a little snarlier than the whisper-quiet stock mufflers,and they don't drone in AFM/DOD mode. I cleaned the tips up on them,and I painted the pipes with VHT high temp yesterday.

I pulled the stock mufflers today. I was astonished at how good the exhaust sounded w/o the axlebacks. Videos do it no justice. My wife pulled up today about the time I got them pulled off,and she took the car and put gas in it. I took it for a spin when she got back. Neither one of us quit smiling the whole time we were gone! I don't want to put mufflers back on it!

Downside is the car sounds like crap in 4 cylinder mode. Really bad. Kind of like a blurting helicopter noise. I had to run it in manual mode to disable the AFM. Gas mileage will not be good either as I was goosing the thing all the time.
                      sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• Originally posted by Karberator View Post
                        I bought a set of G8 GXP axleback mufflers for my wife's G8 GT a few weeks back. They're a little snarlier than the whisper-quiet stock mufflers,and they don't drone in AFM/DOD mode. I cleaned the tips up on them,and I painted the pipes with VHT high temp yesterday.

I pulled the stock mufflers today. I was astonished at how good the exhaust sounded w/o the axlebacks. Videos do it no justice. My wife pulled up today about the time I got them pulled off,and she took the car and put gas in it. I took it for a spin when she got back. Neither one of us quit smiling the whole time we were gone! I don't want to put mufflers back on it!

Downside is the car sounds like crap in 4 cylinder mode. Really bad. Kind of like a blurting helicopter noise. I had to run it in manual mode to disable the AFM. Gas mileage will not be good either as I was goosing the thing all the time.
                        Wifes truck is the same way. Sounded great but the vintage John Deere sound in 4cyl mode was stupid. Put a Magnaflow and left the stock resignators in place. It doesnt sound as beefy but it doesnt sound like an old John Deere either...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• If Chevy engines are as great as some people claim, then why is there 50 billion for sale on craigslist?

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

Wifes truck is the same way. Sounded great but the vintage John Deere sound in 4cyl mode was stupid. Put a Magnaflow and left the stock resignators in place. It doesnt sound as beefy but it doesnt sound like an old John Deere either...

I heard a newer Silverado doing it today. It was a lifted 4wd truck with some sort or glasspack or even straight pipes on it with megahorn exhaust tips. I could hear it making the tractor noise you were describing.

If Chevy engines are as great as some people claim, then why is there 50 billion for sale on craigslist?
                            Demand.

sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• I choked bad on the test. passing score was 790, I scored 671. Bright side is I know where I biffed it at and I take it again Friday.

Comment

• I live across the street from a funeral home.
                                it is going on 8 years...

born, lived and gone.

there is more and less tears.

the four star general,
                                a silent street and the sound of guns.
                                hardly anyone there..
                                for a man who ran all air guard units once upon a time.

the fire and rescue man. I must have met him.

he had alot of visitors..
                                fire trucks and uniforms.
                                air guard for 30+ years
                                and a veteran of viet nam.

A 16 year old kid died last week.

unexpected.
                                a football player, expecting to join the army.

there is more at this funeral than all the others combined.

it goes to show, the anticipation of the leap into life is the most valuable..
                                where we end up as adults, is the least.

I suppose it is intimidating, when a man gets big.
                                the lone wolf, or the one king on the one throne.
                                Not many friends in god or myth status..
                                but sure well known.

I know who will be remembered the longest...
                                he got the least visitors.
                                Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 21, 2014, 03:58 PM.
                                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                                X