New family hauler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New family hauler

The trans in our 06 Freestar was smoking pretty , the back gate had some splatter of ATF on it. I've changed the fluid every 30K miles but it was just plain tired after 213K miles. Luckily we made it to our friend's house safe and sound in SC. His wife works at the local Ford dealer, so Monday like it or not we had to get something. We ended up with this super clean 2024 crew cab XLT F150. It has 31K miles with a 5.0. So far I've put about 300 miles on it. Seems to be averaging close to 20 MPG. This truck is so clean there isn't a single scratch in the box, it still smells new.
    Attached Files
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

nice rig....I've been in a few...comfy cabins...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Wonder what my dad, an old over the road trucker and grandpa, an old logger would think of these new pickups?
      They are from the times of "pickup to drive to work, car to haul the family". Nobody would dare to ask their wife to ride in a pickup those days!

Me? Love the new "freeway cruisers".
      Looks like you got a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
        We ended up with this super clean 2024 crew cab XLT F150.

, it still smells new.
        How do I find this dealer? I want to get 2024 model truck too!

Does the new smell usually go away after time-traveling?

Just kidding.....sounds like a good truck. Possible lease-return? Same way I bought my van, one of the best buys we've made.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          nice rig....I've been in a few...comfy cabins...
          Time-traveler too? I always miss the memo.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

How do I find this dealer? I want to get 2024 model truck too!

Does the new smell usually go away after time-traveling?

Just kidding.....sounds like a good truck. Possible lease-return? Same way I bought my van, one of the best buys we've made.
            Well, after a few years Ford found the aluminum body was still too heavy. It's now made out of unobtainium which takes another 3500 pounds off. They also went retro on the body style too, back to the 14 body style. The 5.0 is a 45° V twin with cylinder deactivation.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Nice upgrade, I am impressed you got over 200k out of an auto trans. My work truck is a 14 5.0 those things are great driving vehicles. I wish I could take it to the track.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

I was very religious about changing the fluid every 30K miles. Probably would have lasted longer if I used it for local driving. It wasn't slipping in the sense you could but it must have been slipping a little bit. When I pulled into my friend's driveway there was a fair amount of smoke coming out.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                  X