No announcement yet.

Roadkill Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For that price it will be definitely thoroughly scanned before purchase.

Maybe they will posr it one article at a time on hot rods website like all the others and you will be able to read it for free.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; September 9, 2015, 07:11 PM.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

will it be like Car Craft where the subscription is 8.99 and the newsstand issue price is 8.99?

Starbucks tends to burn their beans - about half the time even their mild house blend is bitter. Gevalia is probably the most consistent and my preference for the 12oz "pound" of coffee at the store these days. I haven't done the math but I have cappuccino makers everywhere I go and it's a lot less than 5.00 for a cappuccino or latte (more milk in the latte). Probably close to a buck when you factor in milk, bottled water at some places, and .02 worth of electricity on the 2 h.p. (1500 watt) coffee maker.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Polyhead ,that took me a second......then I just started laughing !
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; September 10, 2015, 07:20 AM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

We were talking about coffee after all.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

After scanning the magazine cover to cover in the grocery store aisle, I decided to buy it. I am now about halfway through it. There are only a few articles that have to do with the actual Roadkill show. An overview of the General Mayhem and the Barracuda junkyard build up. The rest is a mish-mash of stuff that was too off-center for the other mag editors to dare print. And, of course, there is an article on rusting cars in a junkyard that doesn't sell parts or cars. But, this one you can go look at them like it is some kind of museum.

I find it funny that Freiburger was talking about the new trend of ratty muscle cars that seem to be popping up and General Mayhem is built after. Even after it's very expensive Hellcat conversion, it still lacks windows and interior. Describing them as either barn finds only fixed mechanically, or the owner only cares about making mechanical upgrades instead of making the car look pretty. My two cars are these ratty muscle cars that he describes as now finally being part of the "In crowd" now. What is so funny is how much crap Freiburger has given me over the years about my beat up cars and now he is talking like they are cool. Um OK.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I hope now they stop reviewing the last RoadKill in Hot Rod magazine, if I´ve seen it on YouTube why should I read about it a month later ?

Scott, was´nt the F Bomb the first car Frieburger had that was presentable ?

Two question reply....sorry......aspirin available.

Comment

I'd rather have a performer/driver than a looker..

Comment

This is the car hobby. Some people can afford to fix their car up, some can't. Does it really matter what it looks like, as long as people are being involved in the hobby?
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                    I hope now they stop reviewing the last RoadKill in Hot Rod magazine, if I´ve seen it on YouTube why should I read about it a month later ?

Scott, was´nt the F Bomb the first car Frieburger had that was presentable ?

Two question reply....sorry......aspirin available.
                    I definitely wouldn't pay $10 if it was just a glossy rehash of Roadkill episodes. But it was different enough to try it out.

I think he said it was the biggest build of his own.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      I'd rather have a performer/driver than a looker..
                      For me, it was finances. I had to choose. I get more fun driving than looking at shiny paint.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Personally I hope the Rat Machine thing dies quickly. I also detest the sight down every body line straight folks. Detroit didn't build 'em that way. Certainly body shops didn't repair them that way. No rust, one solid color, even from Maaco or Scheib and all is well. Patches of primer or bondo is not patina. Un-hammered dents is not "character". The Dodge Charger is far to classy a beast to encourage people to settle for a General Mayhem. A few hours and/or $500 would make all the difference in the world. Lose the chicken wire.
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

For me, it was finances. I had to choose. I get more fun driving than looking at shiny paint.
                          Like me.. $$ to paint or $$ to make it move better, get better mpg... Rather build it up a little and gain some mpg

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                            Personally I hope the Rat Machine thing dies quickly. I also detest the sight down every body line straight folks. Detroit didn't build 'em that way. Certainly body shops didn't repair them that way. No rust, one solid color, even from Maaco or Scheib and all is well. Patches of primer or bondo is not patina. Un-hammered dents is not "character". The Dodge Charger is far to classy a beast to encourage people to settle for a General Mayhem. A few hours and/or $500 would make all the difference in the world. Lose the chicken wire.

atleast it's not another ####ing corvette.

Comment

BLUF: it's not worth the cover price and if you've kept up on RoadKill spots every month on YouTube, you've seen 80% of the mag.

Ok, I bought the rag at the airport 2 days ago while on travel. It was a 4 hour flight and I looked forward to reading it. As we got airborne, and thankfully wasn't jammed into the window by a giant fat chick/guy, I started page by page. Nice glossy, thick pages (hey, just like HR Deluxe USED to be), with a aforementioned cover made of some sandpaper variant. I found myself paging faster and faster through the mag in an attempt to find content I hadn't already seen. There are certainly new pictures that I hadn't seen, but they were of the same subject stuff already seen on RoadKill @ YouTube. The 20% that was new was interesting, but not a "home run".

If you've never looked at any RoadKill stuff on YouTube, maybe this is a good mag. If you've kept up on-line, save you're $$$ for that $10 Latte-Frappachino-mocha thing at Starbucks. You'll savor it longer than you will the RoadKill the magazine.

Comment

Im buying most of the mags every month..and if i could choose from all the hot rod muscle car kustom mags,and only buy one of them..it would be Gasoline.Really great pics,and nice paper..and very well written.http://gasolinemagazine.us/

Comment

Working...
                                X