Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bangshift just lost all of it's credibility.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Polyhead View Post
    If you have no filter in person, then there is no reason to have one here. What you are doing is just putting on an act to make people like you. That isn't right.
    It's a PG13 web site. There is a mutual respect within the membership that keeps the vulgarity to a minimum. Simply put, it's the rules of the establishment. While this forum is largely self policing, make no mistake that Moderators do exist and they have on rare occasion been compelled to disable accounts.

You've shared good and valuable information in several threads and managed to get your points across without being intentionally offensive, so I'm not sure I completely understand the nature of this rant.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Excuse me sir, but, I am a female and I find it very offensive, as I'm sure most of the other women on this site do. Do us all a favor and go find another site where your potty mouth and bad attitude toward women are welcome. You sir are the sexist piece of crap that gives men a bad name. I give respect where it's due, man or woman. Show some here or leave.
      Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
      Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
      Kansas City 2017

Comment

However the forum is totally devoid of content anyway! I've yet to see a single interesting topic. It's just a bunch of mutual masturbation. The tech section is especially awful, since most of the people there don't seem to actually have that much skill or knowledge.

Can't let THAT lie. You've written 142 messages about things you aren't interested in? And everyone ELSE is masturbating? Oh yes and everyone here is a dunce.... You aren't really good at making new friends, huh? And all this over ONE word. If the word "gopher" was banned here would you feel the same? Maybe there are some personal issues involved here?
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

funny thing is, that word is not censored in the activity feed... just the actual threads.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

However the forum is totally devoid of content anyway! I've yet to see a single interesting topic. It's just a bunch of mutual masturbation. The tech section is especially awful, since most of the people there don't seem to actually have that much skill or knowledge.
            The skill is here and so are the idiots. If the idiots bother you it's best not to post. There's nothing you can do about it.

Comment

I will give you credit for speaking your mind, I'll take that over backstabbing any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                You've shared good and valuable information in several threads and managed to get your points across without being intentionally offensive, so I'm not sure I completely understand the nature of this rant.
                Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                Maybe there are some personal issues involved here?
                I believe he had thread deleted where the word in question was used frequently. If I recall correctly it was a rant about crappy thermostats and it wasn't up for long.

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                funny thing is, that word is not censored in the activity feed... just the actual threads.
                It is also apparently does not automatically deal with thread titles. Probably the reason his thread was deleted if I had to guess.

Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

first things first, that Volvo is bitchin, a 2dr even. the second thing is, I literally laughed out loud when I heard the guy talk. smallish with a higher pitched voice, it was awesome. "thats Mr. Motherf*cker to you"..
                  a 10 second volvo on 17" steel wheels tucking a 255-40-17 like it is stock.... yes please.

I have also never understood the " this website/forum sucks- no interesting projects- bunch a dumbies-the admins are all doing other things- nobody loves me" threads. you gotta click to be here, if it is so bad, dont click. super easy.
                  Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                    I believe he had thread deleted where the word in question was used frequently. If I recall correctly it was a rant about crappy thermostats and it wasn't up for long.
                    It is also apparently does not automatically deal with thread titles. Probably the reason his thread was deleted if I had to guess.
                    That and threatening to piss on the side of the Jeg's team truck when it came to town over a five-buck thermostat, just stupid stuff, forgettable.

The thing about the F word is, it gets added into a sentence/statement/rant for shock value, to try to bring attention. The defense is usually, "it's just a word and it's my right to use it".

But...what words are for, they mean something. Go back to grade-school training, that's what words do. Shit, means, excrement. F--- means, sex in it's less-than-highest form. Motherf**ker means that sex, with your own mother. The words bring images. I suppose it's someone's right to bring up those images four times every sentence, for that shock value, when they believe they otherwise have trouble getting their points across or keeping people's attention, and are frustrated by that inability. People using any word at all repeatedly (even such as "uhhhh" as a sound-filler among halting thoughts) are a bore, and people using the above-noted ones can be downright disturbing. To those whom it isn't or that's just the way they've come to habitually communicate, there are plenty of places to go to, YB etc. For me, I tend to visit a website for recreation or a distraction from work, I'm interested in bringing other people's thoughts and ideas into my day and not having to deal with some guy expressing images of Oedipus acts. So, I go to a site that encourages the former and discourages the latter. Anybody who wants to put up a fuss over that simple deal is putting their energy into a strange pointless thing...just adjust, and shut up if you really don't get it.

Oh and the guy with the MF Volvo or whatever it was, that is just a dumb ass thing to name your car, I don't care what your story is in embracing the word. Just my opinion, not something I have time to argue. Glance then move on.

Comment

Like blacks and "N####r...
                      Call me a SOB, why bring my mother into it?
                      Some words are overused, their meaning loses value, still means the same, just not shocking..
                      Shouting the same obscenity will either get you shot or laughed at..
                      I've had my kid's friends say he will say something nice and sweet, after they leave, they realized he just whacked them with a bat.. .. That is more effective than a nose to nose screamfest..or a battle..

Comment

So what are you doing here? There's the door, feel free to use it. Either bring the content up to your level by providing new threads and contributions or quit bitching about the lack of content.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Then why are you still here
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Polyhead needs to be burped...
                            like the cooling system he got too upset over.

may as well punch a baby in the face.

the video the volvo came from, those guys make DVD professionally, and they rate the videos like every movie.
                            pg, R etc.

in writing journalism normally stays clean , they don't use that rating stuff. What is so confusing.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

You want me to think your I .Q. is below 60 , just rattle off obsentities that don't make gramatical sense .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Absolute bullshit. You don't behave any differently around women than you would anyone else. If a woman expects you too, then she is a sexist piece of trash. Also, my mother swore more than I do, I suppose that makes her a bad person.

A. It's not absolute bullshit, it's a fact that men used to be on their best behavior around women. Some men still do this. Chivalry, courtesy, being polite, or simply "manners" are examples of what you claim is bullshit.
                                Perhaps if you meant to say something along the lines of "I find that behavior or practice to be sexist" rather than just saying "absolute bullshit," it may have helped convey your meaning more accurately.

B. "You don't behave any differently around women than you would anyone else." That is a statement, stated as a fact. How could you possibly know that the person you were quoting when you made this response doesn't behave any differently around women or men when you didn't even know it was a woman?
                                Perhaps you could have said "One shouldn't have to behave any differently around women than they do around men," it may have helped convey your meaning more accurately.

...but keep throwing out profanity and making poorly worded sentences while telling us how smart you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X