X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow is coming, is Stiney ready?

He would be if he had this Jeep
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Quite surprising to see a old Jeep with a IFS then I see the back side and he has IRS. They probably threw him out of the Jeep community inspire of whatbit can do .Looks like fun , then I remembered snow is cold . Not looking forward to December !
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Whoa! That is some serious capability.......and proof that FJs and CJs can live in harmony.

GOCMS.com. Interesting site.

That 5 minutes is going to expand into an hour easy.

Did you see how the front cv driveshaft goes from passenger drop to centered fixed differential?

Thanks SBG!
      Last edited by STINEY; August 15, 2015, 07:36 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

maybe I "need" to put 46s under my '40? :D

that Jeep is as much Jeep as my FJ40 is Toyota. Did you see that it's a 502 efi powered rig?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
          Quite surprising to see a old Jeep with a IFS then I see the back side and he has IRS. They probably threw him out of the Jeep community inspire of whatbit can do .Looks like fun , then I remembered snow is cold . Not looking forward to December !

I'm sure they're hated on Pirate - after all, they only lengthened the wheelbase enough to fit the tires. On top of that not a solid axle to be seen... yep, the "experts" on Pirate would disavow all knowledge of them, put on their tin hats and claim that the video is faked (like the US faked the moon landings and the contrails are actually used for drugging the world's population.)
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 15, 2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

A RamAir 502 at that, yes.

Only thing I saw is there is no physical steering linkage, only hydro. No way that is street legal, which they do mention off-road only in their literature.

I like it bunches!

On the tin hat thing......20 miles from here is a full size billboard in full color showing contrails with geoengineeringwatch.org something on it.

Since when did the tin hat crowd get organized and take out fairly expensive advertising?
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

South. Move somewhat south and you don't have ongoing problems dealing with that white crap. That's root cause analysis.. That's the real answer.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                South. Move somewhat south and you don't have ongoing problems dealing with that white crap. That's root cause analysis.. That's the real answer.
                Shhheeeeiiiiiitttttt, snow is fine,.. you southern folk are just too thin blooded, and laxadasical to deal with snow...

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

Shhheeeeiiiiiitttttt, snow is fine,.. you southern folk are just too thin blooded, and laxadasical to deal with snow...
                  Hell I don't wash a car until you can't see out of the windshield. Then it's time to do something. Laxidasical? Hmmph. It's a state of mind.

It's called pacing yourself. You don't want or need to do anything too fast, there's no need. It's waiting, it'll be there tomorrow or whenever. That white crap that falls from the sky and ruins your life for months at a time in the Frozen Wasteland....nope, that's a choice. You don't have to deal with that. seriously, you don't, realize it or not. The earth is bigger than the spot where snow falls all the time.

Comment

Hell I don't wash a car until you can't see out of the windshield. Then it's time to do something. Laxidasical? Hmmph. It's a state of mind.

It's called pacing yourself. You don't want or need to do anything too fast, there's no need. It's waiting, it'll be there tomorrow or whenever. That white crap that falls from the sky and ruins your life for months at a time in the Frozen Wasteland....nope, that's a choice. You don't have to deal with that. seriously, you don't, realize it or not. The earth is bigger than the spot where snow falls all the time.
                    Whatchu talkin 'bout WIllis? snow doesn't ruin your life for months..
                    And I quite like the huge supply of freshwater 1/2 mile up the road...
                    The problem with the south is the heat, I can't stand heat, hate it.
                    My German blood is made for a cold weather climates.
                    Why do you think Volkswagen made cars with no heat?

How do you hurt a southerner? Throw a snowball at 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

How do you hurt a southerner? Throw a snowball at 'em!
                      Damn Yankee. Always wanting to start a fight....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog Fart.jpg
Views:	1359
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1051105

Comment

@#$! snow and @#$! cold! I want to be somewhere warm again dammit! -40 is way too cold, I don't care where you are from!
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                          @#$! snow and @#$! cold! I want to be somewhere warm again dammit! -40 is way too cold, I don't care where you are from!
                          One syllable. South. There's still room. It's nice.

Comment

One syllable. South. There's still room. It's nice.
                            As long as you can tolerate the humidity. I just hate swimming up the driveway fully dressed.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

As long as you can tolerate the humidity. I just hate swimming up the driveway fully dressed.
                              SHHHHHHHHH. Don't mention that. We're going after NO SNOW.

Comment

Working...
                              X