Blast from the past. Honda ATC 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast from the past. Honda ATC 110

Boys and I did a little spelunking in the barns.......found my old '83 Honda ATC 110 I bought in 1985 for $300 worth of hay-baling money.

Tossed a new front tire on it, new handbrake lever, new headlight, some fresh gas, new petcock, new fuel lines, new air filter (mice ate old one) and it roared to life after 20 years hibernation.

That sound sure brings back memories. Boys are having a great time learning the fine art of shifting on it and how to adjust weight for a corner.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

I've had a blue one a couple of years ago also. My first atv I ever got was when I was 4 and it was a red 110 one. Wouldnt mine having another some day.

Comment

It kinda amazed me that it does wheelies even easier now, even though I have to weigh at least twice as much!
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I had one of those.
        more classic with round headlamps, round tank..

Click image for larger version

Name:	1979_honda_atc_110_1_lgw.jpg
Views:	3123
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	1049101
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I bought Julian (one were adoping) this one this spring. We looked at chineseum ones and I just could pull the tigger on one of those cheapys. This one I think is a 1983. I just put this one in 3rd gear and let him go. Its a little big for him but he'll grow into it. I think I gave 300.00 for it also Click image for larger version

Name:	4wheeler.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1049104
          Attached Files
          Last edited by chevybuytroy; August 3, 2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Score ! Just make sure the boys were helmets .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              Boys and I did a little spelunking in the barns.......found my old '83 Honda ATC 110 I bought in 1985 for $300 worth of hay-baling money.

Tossed a new front tire on it, new handbrake lever, new headlight, some fresh gas, new petcock, new fuel lines, new air filter (mice ate old one) and it roared to life after 20 years hibernation.

That sound sure brings back memories. Boys are having a great time learning the fine art of shifting on it and how to adjust weight for a corner.

Last time I saw one of those it was 1983,.. in a big country...

Comment

About 20 years ago one showed up on the farm, I'm not sure where it came from, but the non-riders were riding that.. Final straw for me was the 3rd person (young girl) to get hurt on it in 3-4 dy's time.. She did not give an ant hill wide enough room and hit it with one back wheel, her leg went under the other.. Said it gets parked till it went home.. Don't need no mama come suing me! The bikes were jumping 20 feet high by 75-100 or more..
                Matter of time before somebody got seriously hurt..

Comment

Working...
                X