Terrible Accident, Thoughts & Prayers Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible Accident, Thoughts & Prayers Needed

I got a phone call from my good friend Matt at 10pm Saturday night. It wasn't good news...

Matt and his father were driving down a rural 55mph road and a lady turned in front of him giving him no time to stop or even think about stopping for that matter.
    Matt was driving a crew cab dually, she was in a Camry. He hit her, knocked her 150ft across the road, and his truck ended up in an embankment,.. doing 55mph.
    Matt walked away, his father did not. His father had to be life flighted to a trauma center. His heart stopped, he had a collapsed lung, a broken jaw, and broken ribs.
    Matt's father has been on life support since Saturday and was unconscious until last night. He's in/out now, but has not yet regained full comprehensive consciousness.

On a side note:

I found the truck (04 3500HD) Matt was driving on Craigslist last June. The seller lives by STINEY in Bucyrus.
    The truck did it's job and saved Matt's, and hopefully his fathers life. That's a quality GM product right there..

Not bad for hitting a car and an embankment at 55mph.

I'm the furthest thing from a religious person, but Matt's family need thoughts and prayers.
    I've been thinking about his father all weekend, and I want him to pull through and make it.
    Bangshifters are good for thoughts and prayers, please send them Matt's way. Thank You.

that fifth wheel really locked it into a tough hit.
    Hope health comes out ok.

that was a nice truck, the fullhouse in the fuse box.. must have had many options.

My own gmc is my first desire to wear seatbelts. I was towing a boat this past weekend, a lot of hills and angles of maines excuses for colonial roads to the sea.
    my dad and brother both with me.

I am making everyone wear seatbelts from now on..just my truck. I don't think of it in the tin cans I have driven.

is the camry driver alive?
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
      that fifth wheel really locked it into a tough hit.
      Hope health comes out ok.

that was a nice truck, the fullhouse in the fuse box.. must have had many options.

My own gmc is my first desire to wear seatbelts. I was towing a boat this past weekend, a lot of hills and angles of maines excuses for colonial roads to the sea.
      my dad and brother both with me.

I am making everyone wear seatbelts from now on..just my truck. I don't think of it in the tin cans I have driven.

is the camry driver alive?
      Camry driver is alive, she was also life flighted.

The truck was a loaded crew cab dually Duramax 4x4.

Comment

Prayers sent -
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Why I like big rigs, more likely to survive a bad hit!
          Thought sent his way!

Comment

Damn! Not bad all things considered.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Prayers on the way
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

prayers happening now.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My Best Positive Energy. I'll wager there was a phone involved, and NOT Matt's. People who are paying attention rarely do bonehead stuff like that.

Our best to the family.

Dan

Comment

Dang Eric........tell him the Stineys are all pulling for his Dad.

All that other stuff can wait.
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Prayer sent. Keep us posted daily if possible .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

thoughts and prayers coming!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to Matt and family.
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

You got it. Seems like people cannot judge closing speed on the back roads around here.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Any roads, Neal.. Any roads.. Town or country, a little blink of space, they think they can fit, if not.. They can stop.. No matter if it is physically possible or not!

Comment

Working...
                              X