Low water plant question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low water plant question

I just did the desert landscape. How much should I water with a drip system? THX
    STUGOTS

Gimme a little bit to do some digging, Groucho. I'm in some online gardening groups, I'm sure there'll be some info about this in them. Just gotta find it.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
      Gimme a little bit to do some digging, Groucho. I'm in some online gardening groups, I'm sure there'll be some info about this in them. Just gotta find it.
      thanks!!
      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
        thanks!!

No problem. I'm digging around on my own and have asked one of the groups for help. As soon as I come across anything I'll yell. What kind of plants do you have? That will probably help me find the right info for you.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

I gotta say, for as old school as you are, you are one of the most adaptable people when it comes down to it. I'm impressed.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

OK, first helpful response I've gotten: "I have my drip system 6 minutes twice a day every other day. Desert plants really do not require a lot of water. In town the professionals would set it 3 times a day every day, most of their trees fall over in a wind cause their roots stay by the water. My palo verde trees get a once every 3-4 week watering and are strong. Water them for 20 to 30 minutes with a sprinkler. Set at your comfort level minimum and watch for awhile, increase if needed."

One of the leaders of the group has tagged a professional landscaper friend of his for this. If he pipes up I'll pass it along.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

No problem. I'm digging around on my own and have asked one of the groups for help. As soon as I come across anything I'll yell. What kind of plants do you have? That will probably help me find the right info for you.
              The plants are supposedly "low water". I'm not sure due to communication break down what that means exactly
              STUGOTS

Comment

I meant what specific plants. If you don't know, no problem. Anything low water or desert should have similar needs. I was just wanting to catch anything that might need more than the others. I'm guessing that they are going to be plants native to that area or other desert areas.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

The plants are supposedly "low water". I'm not sure due to communication break down what that means exactly

that means the plants will live long after you die of thirst.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I meant what specific plants. If you don't know, no problem. Anything low water or desert should have similar needs. I was just wanting to catch anything that might need more than the others. I'm guessing that they are going to be plants native to that area or other desert areas.
                    I don't know the names. The guy at the Nursery pointed to low water section and I tried to just get a decent assortment. So, I just pointed.....8 of those yellow ones, 10 of the little red ones......
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Oddly enough, this is kind of difficult to track down any solid info on. I'm still looking, but you're kind of on the fore front of this thing. Apparently everyone is still trying to hang on to their lawns, even if they are brown and crispy.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

I just did the desert landscape. How much should I water with a drip system? THX
                        The whole front lawn now gravel. I see parking for more cars!!
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

The whole front lawn now gravel. I see parking for more cars!!
                          Have you seen the parking i have here? LOL
                          Last edited by groucho; July 4, 2015, 07:19 PM.
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                          X