No announcement yet.

It's The Weekend, Whatcha Doin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit the job at parts store X so this is the first weekend in over a year where I was able to sleep in and enjoy myself....Took the Harley on a long ride and just kind of relaxed...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Bummer you hated it that much . Congrats on the ride .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Still doing some last tweaking on the Vette, had to change out the rear hanger's on the new 2½ inch Magnaflow exhaust the old ones couldn't handle the bigger exhaust. Also had a problem with passenger side valve cover leaking, just one of the many issues I've had swapping to an aftermarket Vortec head and intake, brackets being another. But I've worked through all of that and this afternoon we should be out doing a shake down run! Heard a quote a long time ago " what Zora put together let no man take apart "! I understand that now!!
        Wish I'd bought some STOCK in Anheuser Bush before I started this project I know I made their sales increase!!
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Hope the shake down goes well , I helped my oldest son and family move the six of them to their second house. Bigger yard bigger garage , bigger drive huge yard tool shed . Anyway his old camaro was a leaker so I'm cleaning the old drive with gas a broom and alot of oil dry . Sitting on a Home Depot bucket while it pulls the oil up .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Well it drives like it's been sitting for 8 months but it run's a thousand times better! No run's, drips, or weird noises! It's 94° outside and it ran dead on 180°. The new Magnaflow exhaust sounds
              SOOOOOO GOOD!! All I have to do is put the passenger side dash back in where I had installed the new oil pressure line and then......... Do I dare say I'm through? Well we all know it's a never ending game but I'll be satisfied for now, I'm tired and it's time for a cold Brew and watch cartoons with John!! Got to put in the Daddy time!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Wish I'd bought some STOCK in Anheuser Bush before I started this project I know I made their sales increase!!
                So glad to hear you got Old Gold back up and vrooming Perry! Coors Light helped Red's rear brake caliper get put back on with new pads. Waiting on the other caliper to come back from the doctor's office. Maybe next week. Sweated a lot, cussed less than usual, learned a thing or two that I hope I can remember next time.

Made a zillion containers of spaghetti sauce today in the brand new giant pot. A good weekend all around. But not as good as being at a race track, I won't go that far. But good indeed.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I have not held a hand tool all weekend ... ahhhhh !

Comment

• I started sorting the wiring on the Volvo. I found a couple of mistakes with, I'm sure, plenty more to come.

Dan

Comment

• I'll be putting the FAST EFI components back on the Beast after they returned to me form Comp last week. I really hope they work this time.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        I have not held a hand tool all weekend ... ahhhhh !

Splitting maul... Most of the wood just laughed at it...
                        I gotta get the splitter running!

Comment

• Spent all day Saturday tearing the bathroom out of our now empty rental property. That included a roll-in handicapped shower. And the floor for that was several inches deep & we estimated weighed well over 100lbs. Didn't see that one coming. We are replacing it with a 3-piece tub/shower. We hoped to get the new subfloor in Sunday afternoon but it was not to be. We have until March to finish it. That would not be a challenge at all if not for being limited to weekends.
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• 54° right now and looks to be a great day for the Daytona 500

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                              54° right now and looks to be a great day for the Daytona 500
                              I've been watching those races since they are at Daytona. Steve, do you think they overnighted another tractor trailer load of speedi-dry?
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Sunny, clear and a high of 71°

Comment

Working...
                                X