Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaguar Launch New Model By Driving It OVER The Thames On Cables Just An Inch Thick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguar Launch New Model By Driving It OVER The Thames On Cables Just An Inch Thick

Watch the most amazing high-wire act as Jaguar launch new model by driving it OVER the Thames on cables just an inch thick

Neat stunt. I think that weight under the car was more than just a oversized Jag badge, I think it lowers the center of gravity. What I really liked was they didn't basically make train wheels that were hard sold rubber, but used eyelets and rollers to keep the regular wheels on " track ". Windows were pretty dark, think they had a real driver in it ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I don't think that's a practical solution to replace our aging bridges.

I'm thinking those were special tires. The shots from the front look like the cable is basically running on the rims with the tire sort of wrapped around the cable. Could be wrong but that's how it looked to me.

Dan

Comment

If the tires were deflated some and considering the additional weight of the oversized Jag badge, I believe normal tires would wrap around the cable quite a bit and it would be extremely difficult for them to "come off". I also concur with Dan B. ... I don't believe there is a human driver on board ... it is remotely controlled. Think of what their insurance company would have said when they were approached to cover the liability of this stunt; "Not Bloody likely" !!!

Comment

Working...
        X