Yesterday, I Was Going to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday, I Was Going to....

I was going to do something yesterday but then I forgot what it was. Standing in the middle of a room wondering what I was in there to do. Again. It's cliché,and it's beaten to death on the internet and in live conversation. I'm "only" 57 years old, and I can tell all of you young folks it's real. You ain't gonna believe it, but it's real. That, and....

My Dad called my on the phone one day a long time ago. I was by choice living in another town, about 30 miles away. He said he could no longer run the weed eater in his yard, and he loved to take care of that yard. Chest pain, and it was repeatable. I told him, "That's horrible news Dad." But in the background I was thinking, just suck it up old man, and get after it. I was young, I couldn't even comprehend it.

Well, it was real and Daddy circled the drain for a while before he finally checked out. Gone.

So, let's do what we can do right now. Whatever it is. I think that's why I'm trying to act about 30 years younger than I am, because I still can. Poorly. But why not?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I'm 30 and have days like that...

Comment

I am 68 and there are day's that this does happen and yes it is very real. I find more and more that I double check things I am doing to make sure I have done them correctly.

I also thank God every day that I am able to do the things I do because I feel blessed when I look at friends of mine who cannot do the things I do everyday and take for granted.

Jim Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
        I am 68 and there are day's that this does happen and yes it is very real. I find more and more that I double check things I am doing to make sure I have done them correctly.

I also thank God every day that I am able to do the things I do because I feel blessed when I look at friends of mine who cannot do the things I do everyday and take for granted.

Jim Hill
        When you look at it that way, I truly think and believe that from our bunch Dan Stokes is the survivor. Keep on keeping on. Dan, I love you man.

Comment

Pam and I were "playing" something called "DALLAS 500"
          5 stoplight town, I, like a ninny, kept missing the places I needed to go..
          It's a long way to turn around unless you wanna piss folks off..
          Drove by the post office, letter in hand to mail... Cussed, turned around, went on the other side of town
          I really needed the differnt other side...
          A 5 mile trip became 11...
          Today was a little better..

Comment

Love you too, Rusty. (Damn are we gettin' mushy - and I don't drink)

But I see it as "what's my choice? I can mope around and curse my luck or I can actually have the experiences that make life fun and interesting. I have limits but I can push right up to them.

Tonight we took a couple of hours out and went to our homeless shelter to cook a pot of chili for the folks. It's a privilege to do that. As ME and I drove home I commented that if I'd zigged where, thru dumb luck, I zagged, I'd have been on the other side of that serving line. And it's true. So what do I have to piss and moan about - it's a great life.

Oh, and yeah, I forget stuff too. Like to mention that I forget stuff too.......

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; March 6, 2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

As Vic and I were reminded when he got hurt a couple years ago, every day above ground is a gift. Use it wisely!! Push every limit you can, and don't forget to let the people you love know how you feel about them. You never know if you'll get another chance to say it!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                As Vic and I were reminded when he got hurt a couple years ago, every day above ground is a gift. Use it wisely!! Push every limit you can, and don't forget to let the people you love know how you feel about them. You never know if you'll get another chance to say it!
                So while I'm at it, you and Vic are elite amongst the two funnest people I'll ever meet. Barring some other folks I haven't met yet. So there.

Comment

Working...
                X