Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS:Panic Time? Castrol Announces End Of Force Sponsorship At Close Of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS:Panic Time? Castrol Announces End Of Force Sponsorship At Close Of 2014

(Charles Wickam photo) -#In news that we hinted at HERE#it was announced today that Castrol will end its near 30 year sponsorship of John Force at the close of the 2014 season. This is the second major blow to the team after Ford announced its departure from all professional drag racing sponsorships at the end [...]

More...

Somebody will step up with the bucks.
    Force's name still has a certain cachet, he's almost a household word.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'd be awfully tempted to hang up my hat at this point if I was Mr Force - he's pretty much been there and done that as a pro racer.
      I'm pretty sure he could afford to retire in style.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I wonder why they are pulling out from him
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          I wonder why they are pulling out from him
          Probably beans. Perhaps the bean counters say that they aren't getting a good return on their investment with him. When things get tight, even "relationships" that have been going on for 30 years are subject to economics. It's still just business, after all.
          Last edited by yellomalibu; August 20, 2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

My guess is that they don't think the series will have near it's present exposure after Ford pulls out, and they will certainly get much less bang for their buck.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We certainly hope that his new sponsor will be rewarded for their foresight!!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Castrol edge.
                its a flunk.
                blame Castrol themselves.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                X