No announcement yet.

Tom Hnatiw, Well Known Race Announcer and Automotive TV Personality Has Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Hnatiw, Well Known Race Announcer and Automotive TV Personality Has Died

Well known racing announcer, journalist, and automotive television personality Tom Hnatiw has died. Chances are you have seen Hnatiw on TV or read something he has written in a myriad of car magazines and other publications. We most remember him from two places. The first was hearing him announcing at tracks like Lime Rock when [...]

More...

Sad, sad day. I loved watching him on DCG and having him announce scca races. He always was at Belle Isle for the sports cars.

Comment

An avid car guy...condolences to his family and friends.
      Last edited by mlcraven; August 2, 2012, 03:30 AM.
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Tom was a friend from back in the late 80s, he was a member of the same local motorsports club that I got hooked up with when competing in Solo I and Solo II. He was one of a bunch of us running in 5.0L Mustangs at the time.

When I texted Brian about this yesterday, he asked me to put together some recollections and stories about Tom, which I hope to do in the next week or so. I had not seen or talked to him for several years, but this still hits pretty hard. He was very well liked and respected in the motorsport community, especially here in Canada.

R.I.P. Tom
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
        X