Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mad Man Video: EJ Potter Runs the Widow Maker V8 Bike in the 1990s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Man Video: EJ Potter Runs the Widow Maker V8 Bike in the 1990s!

Re: Mad Man Video: EJ Potter Runs the Widow Maker V8 Bike in the 1990s!

That was just about the most bad-assed thing I've seen on video in a long while. It matters not to me if some newer factory bikes will beat that time -- this is just pure ballsy, especially with a rear tire that probably feels like it's on ice for at least half the track.

I'd love to see video of his Allison-powered Plymouth from way back in the day.

Comment

Re: EJ video

"I'd love to see video of his Allison-powered Plymouth from way back in the day."

I bought that video from EJ (actually, his daughter) a couple years ago, and I'm pretty sure there's some footage of that Plymouth tearing up the track. Also the fiberglass boat with a jet engine tied on top, screaming across a Florida lake... various tractors with Allison 12 and 24 cylinder engines, and his school bus with the phantom jet engine in the back (used as an air compressor). Two hours long, it is only available on VHS, from the toll-free number at the end of the above clip.

And it's WELL worth the price of admission!!!

Comment

Torque, you are right. The video is ALL TIME!

Call 1-877-A-MadMan to order it (and talk to EJ).

The jet engine air compressor mounted in the back of a schoolbus could be the most bangshifty invention of all time. He used it to blow out clogged wells for farmers. Insane.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

His book is also a MUST HAVE - it's filled with great stories of EJ's projects, many of which didn't have happy endings. :o

There's a couple of guys talking about it here, just to give you an idea:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...73#post8352173

Comment

The book is great too!

If you are looking for an EJ primer course, hit the link below.

Trivia....who knows what the "E" in E.J. stands for? It is his first name, but what is it?

Brian

Comment

"Hi, My name's EJ Potter. Never mind what it stands for...
              You'll only cause yourself to undergo the pain of denial if you ask."

I know what his first name is... but I'm keeping it a secret.
              The man obviously isn't proud of the thing, so maybe we'd better just leave well enough alone!

Comment

Maybe some things are best left as a mystery.

Comment

Working...
                X